How to Lower Tabs in Firefox V58 64Bits

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
How to Lower Tabs in Firefox V58 64Bits
« on: 25 May 2018, 12:02 am »
With the new 64bits versions of Firefox Quantum V58 and higher tabs are no more below the address line and favorites bar, Mozilla will no fix it, the only solution is the css file that I will depict below:
1- Click Open Menu
2- Click Help
3- Click Troubleshooting Information
4- Click Open Folder
5- Click New Item/Folder
6- Name the folder as chrome
7- Click New Item/New Document
8- Name file as userChrome.css
9- Put this data in the file:
  For best results, show Title Bar or Menu Bar */
  #nav-bar { /* main toolbar */
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 !important;
  border-top-width: 0 !important;
   }
    #PersonalToolbar { /* bookmarks toolbar */
   -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important;
   }
   #TabsToolbar { /* tab bar */
 -moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 !important;
   }
10- Restart Firefox, Enjoy.

audio.bill

Re: How to Lower Tabs in Firefox V58 64Bits
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2018, 12:30 am »
As a Firefox user I find this post and suggested change of interest, but with all due respect have to check one thing which appears to me as if it may be an error.  In steps #6 and 8 you reference folder and file names incorporating 'Chrome', is that correct or should that be Firefox? Sorry for questioning but wanted to be sure, I really appreciate your suggested solution and support! TIA

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2018, 12:54 am »
As a Firefox user I find this post and suggested change of interest, but with all due respect have to check one thing which appears to me as if it may be an error.  In steps #6 and 8 you reference folder and file names incorporating 'Chrome', is that correct or should that be Firefox? Sorry for questioning but wanted to be sure, I really appreciate your suggested solution and support! TIA
The correct is chrome indeed, it is refered in Firefox inside programs as chrome, so it cant be changed.

It was no intend reference to the Chrome browser from Google, Firefox already used this folder name at many years, long before google had a web browser so came google and use the same name, Mozilla cant do anything as google is a giant bigger than FB.

audio.bill

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2018, 01:07 am »
The correct is chrome indeed, it is refered in Firefox inside programs as chrome, so it cant be changed.

It was no intend reference to the Chrome browser from Google, Firefox already used this folder name at many years, long before google had a web browser so came google and use the same name, Mozilla cant do anything as google is a giant bigger than FB.
Thanks very much for the detailed explanation and confirmation! :thumb: Gave it a try and it worked exactly as you described, although I ultimately preferred the appearance of the default layout. Easy enough to try and then I just deleted the .css file to return to the original display format. Thanks again for sharing your web browser expertise!

RSorak

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2018, 02:21 am »
step 4 click open folder

Cannot find this button anywhere?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2018, 02:31 am »
step 4 click open folder

At the 8th line in my FF V60.0.1

audio.bill

« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2018, 03:04 am »
step 4 click open folder

It's a button on the Troubleshooting Information tab opened in step 3, in the Application Basics table row titled Profile Folder.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2018, 12:19 pm by audio.bill »