How are you using your Virtue amp?

funkle

How are you using your Virtue amp?
« on: 26 Aug 2010, 07:02 pm »
Curious to see what kind of systems you're using these in. My new M901 is the heart of my Desk-Fi system. I'm using a Little DOT Dac I, Krix Equinox speakers, and playing mostly AIFF files via Pure Music/iTunes. So far it's sounding good. Still breaking in on the most basic power supply - I'm sure things will jump up in quality when I add the battery PSU.

Interconnects are the weak link now. I'm thinking of trying Anti-Cables.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: How are you using your Virtue amp?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2010, 07:23 pm »
Its my main rig!! Virtue TWO.2(turned into amp only) driving some vintage JBL-4312A's with a Grant Fidelity Tube DAC/Pre-amp being feed by a Squeezebox DUET(wav files) or a PS3 as CD transport..Wywires IC's and SRBcoax..plus a ton of outstanding luck!!!!!  :thumb: :thumb:

momini1

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2010, 08:49 pm »
It's my office system at work and it's on about 11 hours a day. M901 with Dodd Mod and RCA clear top 12au7 tube; 30/130 power supply; Audio-gd DAC 200; Wadia 170i Ipod dock; 160gb iPod classic and 3rd generation Touch; Rega Jupiter CD player; Usher BE718 speakers; various Zu and Signal Cables; Virtue speaker cables; Purity Audio K.I.C.A.S. Headphone amp; Denon AHD-2000 and AKG 702 headphones.

HiFlight

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2010, 12:45 am »
I am using my Piano M1/Virtue One to power several balanced headphones:  AKG K1000, K501, K340, Sony SA-5000.  When not using the Piano, I stream music to the Virtue One through my Squeezebox via my magiDAC. 

I will soon be replacing my Virtue One Classic with a new Virtue 2.2 with battery power.   

This combination of components has proven to be a stunning balanced headphone driving source.

Ron

TONEPUB

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2010, 02:48 am »
Patio system, to power some Polk Sat 30's with a Sub 10.  I've got the best sounding back porch on the block!