Free Opera LPs

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Free Opera LPs
« on: 22 Jul 2009, 01:23 pm »
I have a deal for those of you with turntables who may be interested in giving Opera a try. 

I have lots of Opera LPs.  I have many copies of highlights LPs since they tend to in every collection I pick up.  I am willing to send these out to folks interested in Opera for the cost of postage.  These samplers are actually a good way to get a feel for Opera.  If you like some arias musically, then you can expand to listen/watch the whole production.  If you give me more specified requests like singers or composers, I will do my best to accommodate. 

I am hoping this will be good for you and good for me.  I have been given the order to get rid of the boxes of records that are overtaking the floor space of my storage/laundry room.   :shake:

Rob S.

Re: Free Opera LPs
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2009, 02:18 am »
I'll take you up on that..... Your demo the other night was fantastic- even with my left ear completely blocked with fluid behind it.  Probably my biggest disappointment of my last 2 week vacation was only partially hearing the music on your system.   Funny thing is though I could still hear the difference in the soundstage depth of your phono pre comparison.  That Aesthetix was killer.

Maybe hold off a couple of weeks till I get back from my next vacation and have time to setup my TT which is still undetermined.  Hope to have one setup by 2nd week in August.  I could use a sampling of opera.

Rob S.

woodsyi

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2009, 02:41 pm »
Will do Rob,

It was fun having you and your brother over.  Is Allen now joining the audiophile rank?  :wink:

I have been spending a lot of time reorganizing my Opera LP section as I picked up new storage shelves.  I needed them after I picked up my latest haul of 100 boxed sets and a bundle of highlights LPs.  This one is really good quality with emphasis on turn of the century Operettas and German Lieders.   I am sorting them out to send out a bundle to you and a couple of others.  PM me your shipping address when you get back.

Rob S.

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2009, 04:02 am »
Rim-  pm here is still not working, so I shot you an email.  let me know the total $$ and I'll send you a check. 

My brother still hasn't joined the ranks of audiophooldom, just enjoys the music.  I think he's amused at my last couple years purchases.   I know he wanted to talk some of the digital music stuff with you as he's done all of my SB3 configuring and network setup.

Thanks again,

Rob S.

richidoo

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2009, 05:39 am »
I like Mirella Freni, Italian, romantic, but open minded to anything that's "good," and I trust that you know better than me what that is ;)  I would be happy to take some off your hands. My midfi vinyl rig is gradually improving, and as I hear local friends' excellent rigs I am digging analog more and more. But I have mostly well worn jazz records. My wife loves opera, especially on vinyl.
Thanks Rim
Rich

woodsyi

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 6 Aug 2009, 02:56 pm »
I got more shelves delivered and the sorting out process is back on.  I am finally going to be able to completely organize my Opera and Classical records.  Look for shipment next week.  :thumb:

P.S. Rich, PM me your address.