Houston Vacation and Record Buying Opportunity

Bioman

Houston Vacation and Record Buying Opportunity
« on: 30 Aug 2022, 01:03 pm »
Will be in Houston Labor Day weekend with the wife for a short vacation.  As always will be looking for records to bring back home.  Looking for a decent selection of used classical recordings (dont mind new either); I also like other genres but classic is 80% of my collection.  Aside from Half Priced Books which is a given, can anyone familiar with the area point me in the best direction?

SlushPuppy

Re: Houston Vacation and Record Buying Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2022, 01:19 pm »
I moved from Houston about eight months ago, but the best record store in the downtown area was Cactus Music. They were less than a mile from my house and I used to go there 2-3 times a month. Great selection of new and used vinyl and CD's, and occasionally you get to see/hear live music while you're shopping. It's a really cool place tucked inside an old strip mall.

Sadly the best Half Priced Books was torn town a year ago to make room for yet another massive apartment complex  :(

Cactus Music
2110 Portsmouth, Houston, TX 77098
(713) 526 - 9272

https://shop.cactusmusictx.com/Genre/3

Bioman

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2022, 03:22 pm »
Thanks SlushPuppy, I'll drop in and see what they have.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2022, 12:21 am »
My family is from Houston and yes Cactus has a great selection of all types of music. If you like bbq check out “Truth” and also my personal favorite “Heights Bier Garden”. Great city! Have fun!

Bioman

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2022, 06:26 pm »
Cant turn down a beer garden  :)