Disc Doctor Record Brushes

tvad4

Disc Doctor Record Brushes
« on: 23 Feb 2007, 11:49 pm »
It looks like $20/ea, or $40/pair is the going rate for Disc Doctor record cleaning brushes. Does anyone have a source for a better price...or a recommendation for an alternative brush that's less expensive?

The TurntableBasics carbon fiber brush @ $10 seems to be a good deal for a dry brush.

machine

Re: Disc Doctor Record Brushes
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2007, 03:51 am »
I'm interested also - seem to be the most highly regarded brush.

Just ordered a bunch of stuff today from sleevetown (sleeve city), and resisted their Mobile Fidelity Record Brush.

Looked for best deal on Disc Doctor brushes and found $20 each was best deal.

Ran out of time to pull trigger, so if a better deal/item is available I'm there.

I have a Groovmaster Label Saver and wash the records manually.  The brush that came with this looks like it has natural fibers which won't go good with the Phoneix cleaner with enzymes I just ordered.

caddisgeek

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2007, 11:16 pm »
I'm a recent convert to the disc doctor sysytem, and I feel that for the improvement in depth and quality of sound  you get the brushes are quite reasonably priced at 20 bucks

Befuddled

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2007, 12:10 am »
I have both the Disc Doctor and Mobile Fidelity. I can tell you I get a little foam when scrubbing with the Doctor, not with the Mobile Fidelity. That foam can only be a good thing when cleaning.
Joel