Anvil Turntables

xsb7244

Re: Anvil Turntables
« Reply #20 on: 27 Oct 2014, 10:49 pm »
I looked at the new Anvil website.
With so many turntable platforms in the market place, please inform us about your custom cast iron platform?
Please elaborate on your upgrade AT-1motor controller?

anvil turntables

• Industry Participant
Re: Anvil Turntables
« Reply #21 on: 7 Nov 2014, 10:59 pm »
Hi everyone.  Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.  If anyone needs to contact me or needs info asap, please pm me.  I will have pictures and specs on the new controller very soon.  Three have been built, and they are in production.  The controller has the ability to fine tune voltage ( 60-120 v), phase ("infinite"), and frequency.  The net result of this flexibility is a virtual elimination of vibration from typical 3w motors as are used in Linns,Regas,Systemdecks, etc.  Cogging is virtually eliminated with the effect of a noticeable improvement in  clarity and focus.  My table, for example (because of its low friction bearing ), can run at 60 volts, and sounds best at that setting.  The belt still needs to be manually changed for 33.3 and 45 rpm, as using just one pulley for both typically compromises performance ( getting around this adds A LOT to the price ).  Still tweaking the price, but around 850.00.

The platform is a 65# ground, tapped, milled and painted 14 x 20 ( or custom ) piece of cast iron.  It also utilizes my own 2.5" adjustable aluminum cup footers with cork balls. For such a "simple" thing is requires quite a bit of work, which is reflected in its 500+ dollar price.  It does work very well, however.

Thanks everyone,

Bruce