Steve's new speaks

jsalk

Steve's new speaks
« on: 6 Apr 2006, 01:19 am »
Steve wanted a pair of black HT3's.  I suggested a dark pearl grey analine dye over fiddleback maple.  Steve used to be in a band and this is a technique often used on electric guitars.

As you might notice, they also feature a hand-rubbed, high gloss finish as well as separate grills on the tweeter/medrange section.  You can't see the Sonicap upgrade or the black anodized binding post plates.  But I can assure you they are there.

He also wanted a matching HTC center channel (with standard finish).

Here is a shot of the side.

And with the grill.

They leave for Texas in the morning.  Happy listening Steve.

- Jim

JoshK

Steve's new speaks
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2006, 01:34 am »
I really like this look.  I am going to have to ask you sometime how to do it since I think it gives a great alternative to piano black which is boring.

texas steve

Steve's new speaks
« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2006, 01:52 am »
Quote from: JoshK
I really like this look.  I am going to have to ask you sometime how to do it since I think it gives a great alternative to piano black which is boring.

Thats my take exactly.  I have some piano black and these have so much more characiter (of course so does the builder)!   Im Sooooooo looking forward to seeing and hearing them.

Anyone in Houston area is welcome to look and listen to them.
Thanks Jim!!!!!

95bcwh

Steve's new speaks
« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2006, 02:26 am »
Steve,
  Congratulation! Mine will probably takes another month to build. But I'm too anxious to hear them! Please give me your address, I will give you some time to set up your speakers and when you're happy with the sound, please allow me and a few other enthusiasts to come over and see these beauty through our own eyes.  :thumb:

Thanks!
  barry
  Houston, TX

texas steve

Steve's new speaks
« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2006, 02:50 am »
Quote from: 95bcwh
Steve,
  Congratulation! Mine will probably takes another month to build. But I'm too anxious to hear them! Please give me your address, I will give you some time to set up your speakers and when you're happy with the sound, please allow me and a few other enthusiasts to come over and see these beauty through our own eyes.  :thumb:
  Thanks!
  barry
  Houston, TX

Barry no problem, send me a personal email and Ill give you my phone number and we can go from there.  I told Jim that I would gladly open my home to audition his great work to others.
[/img]

Al Garay

Steve's new speaks
« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2006, 03:38 am »
Patience pays off. These are beautiful and classic.

texas steve

Steve's new speaks
« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2006, 03:03 pm »
Quote from: Al Garay
Patience pays off. These are beautiful and classic.

Thanks Garay, I'm supposed to get them today.  I will post my viewing and listening comments after they are set up etc.   I really looking forward to getting them home!

UPDATE< check out "Steves new speakers - updated" for my reivew and comments