About ready to start Cornet Octal....and some questions

TChung

I have ordered all the parts for the Cornet Octal with CCS and received the PCB and some other parts already.  I have substituted all the film capacitors with Jensens and Multicaps and resistors are all Rikens.  Also substituted the 47uF electrolytics with Angela/ASC non-polarized oil cans.  I have to changed to a much larger chassis (7x10x3) to accommodate the ASC oil cans.  The chassis is on back order.  I read all the relevant threads in this circle, thank you, and I hope I have enough information to go ahead.  I can't wait to get started.

So far, I have gathered info on some voltage points on the tubes but not all.  I ask if Jim or anyone who had built a Cornet Octal could help me to fill in the blanks:

V1, V2:
Plate = around 150V
Cathode = 0.9V
Grid = ?????

V3:
Plate = ?????
Cathode = ?????
Grid = ?????

Also, I would appreciate if anyone can also point out the other critical voltage points beside the ones above.

Regards,
Tom

hagtech

• Facilitator
    • http://www.hagtech.com
About ready to start Cornet Octal....and some questions
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2004, 04:03 am »
I think the plates are about 150V.  Cathode for noval was 0.9V, I think higher for octal, but forget where I put it.  Currents are different too.  Use 10mA for current source on 6SN7 output.

jh :)

TChung

Higher current CCS for Octal
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2004, 01:47 pm »
Thanks, Jim.  Yes, I have subsitituted 510 ohm for both 1K ohm resistors in the CCS for higher current for 6SN7.

Please let me know the voltages I asked for previously if you happen to find them.

Best,
Tom