$15 Sub from Home Depot - out of stock

randytsuch

$15 Sub from Home Depot - out of stock
« on: 25 Oct 2007, 06:29 pm »
Saw this over at AVS
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100596854&N=10000003+90401&marketID=401&locStoreNum=8125

I wouldn't expect much, but if you need a cheap sub to tide you over, it's worth a shot.

Randy  :drool:
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2007, 02:45 am by randytsuch »

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
Re: $15 Sub from Home Depot
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2007, 07:43 pm »
I guess they don't hide the fact that its a "one note sub" !

"34Hz +/-3dB audio frequency response "

jmc207

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2007, 08:49 pm »
"Out Of Stock Online" already.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2007, 09:45 am »

Makes me wonder if it's a typo at that price :scratch:...it's just so much lower than any subwoofer I've ever seen priced (no matter how crappy).  The product indicates a weight of 30 lbs...so it's even got a bit of heft to it for $15  :o

Has anybody seen it in their stores? - or is this a web effort only? Home Depot has a very small web-only team over in Atlanta...it's been part of their catalog division for a while. It's really quite a small effort from Home Depot...I know, we've tried to work with them for years (both with chairs and now with carts)

The lowest price online for that model (the LS10SW) is $79.99...with prices ranging p to $120.00.  More in line with a cheap 10" sub with suspect 100watt amplifier in the market. You can buy one from Parts Express for that price (AudioSource or another)

Interesting, DUAL (once a German company) is a Korean company that builds gear in Shenzhen, China now
http://www.dualav.com/about.html

randytsuch

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2007, 01:41 pm »

Makes me wonder if it's a typo at that price :scratch:...it's just so much lower than any subwoofer I've ever seen priced (no matter how crappy).  The product indicates a weight of 30 lbs...so it's even got a bit of heft to it for $15  :o

Has anybody seen it in their stores? - or is this a web effort only? Home Depot has a very small web-only team over in Atlanta...it's been part of their catalog division for a while. It's really quite a small effort from Home Depot...I know, we've tried to work with them for years (both with chairs and now with carts)

The lowest price online for that model (the LS10SW) is $79.99...with prices ranging p to $120.00.  More in line with a cheap 10" sub with suspect 100watt amplifier in the market. You can buy one from Parts Express for that price (AudioSource or another)

Interesting, DUAL (once a German company) is a Korean company that builds gear in Shenzhen, China now
http://www.dualav.com/about.html

Some guys at avs have it on order
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=928353

Their orders have not been cancelled yet,so it may have been a real deal, just one that was short lived.

Randy

lcrim

Re: $15 Sub from Home Depot - out of stock
« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2007, 04:19 pm »
I showed this to a few guys I work with yesterday around 3 PM and one of them needed something else from HD which was over $200 so he also ordered 4 of the subwoofers in order to get the subs shipped free.  4 subs for $60.  Another guy gave him $30 for a pair.  They're supposed to be shipped here.  If its for real, no disclaimer from HD via email yet, I'm interested to see how this works out.

randytsuch

« Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2007, 05:47 pm »
When I saw this yesterday, for a split second I thought about buying them, just because they were so cheap.

Then, I saw me, trying to explain the four large boxes to my wife  :flak:
I passed.

Randy

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2007, 02:11 pm »
I clicked the link in the first post. Price now shows as $179.95/Each

TheChairGuy

« Reply #8 on: 28 Oct 2007, 12:11 am »
I clicked the link in the first post. Price now shows as $179.95/Each

That's more like a price I'd expect from HD.com  :thumb:  I really think $14.95 was a mistake...but they'll have to honor it (at least, they should)