GAS 06 Christmas Bash ***PICS***

Scott F.

Re: GAS 06 Christmas Bash ***PICS***
« Reply #20 on: 11 Dec 2006, 05:06 pm »
Hiya Guys,

Well, if I counted right and didn't forget anybody (and I'm sure I did), it looks like the final tally was 30 including my lovely wife Laura, my youngest daughter Julie and myself. I never would have guessed we could cram that many people in my house.

Here's the list in no particular order;
bpape & his cousin Grant, Albert, mark@marktwain, jcrane, Steve K, Bob Jackson, Mike D, MerRev, Kirch, Sarmck, drummerwill, Sturgus + Rick + 1 (I always forget his name), Rich and Ken, alana106, Blackmore, deadfish, alexstl + Alan + Gene, Adrian, electricbear, innov8tion (?), Holderman (Kelly?)

My thanks to everybody who made the trek. Even though the large group gatherings are a lot of work, seeing everybody having a great time is the reward all in itself. Needless to say, you guys are going to need to come back out and drink up all the beer thats left over (and I've got a fridge full) :lol:

Since I've (mostly) recovered from the weekend festivities, I need to give a big thanks to a few of people.
 - First, Klaus at Odyssey for letting us (continue) to use the $1500 system. That little setup sounds sooo much better than it has a right to.
 - Second, Bill at Response for sending down his Music Bella Speakers. I plan on moving them over into the Blue Room along with the Radii's to see what they can do over there.
 - Next is Mike from Teresonic for letting the Ingenium's stay over for a few more weeks for the party.
 - Next is Mark Blackmore for lugging the Droplet over. That went way beyond the call of duty.
 - Willie for bringing the Locomotive over one more time. I only got a brief chance to hear it on the Teresonics but it really seemed to fill the sound where my 2a3 left off (thats 45's for ya).
 - Deadfish, Bryan and everybody else that brought Squeezeboxes for the other systems. Oh, and MerRev for bring the Chameleon (which we didn't get a chance to hook up). Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to listen to them as you a/b'd them against the stock SB and other gear. That would have been fun to hear.
 - A big thanks to Mike D, deadfish and Bryan who came by a couple of weeks ago and either helped with a bit of painting or acoustic treatment advice.
 - Oh and last but not least, thanks to the guys that brought over some tasty munchies and liquid refreshments (of the intoxicating variety). All of those were very much appreciated. Sturg, I don't know how to do it but the cheesecake was awesome.
 - No doubt I forgot somebody or several people, so to y'all, thanks  :thumb:

Quote from: steve k
That is by far the most creative use of lauan mahogany underlayment I've ever seen and it looks bookmatched too! How many sheets did you need to go through to find grain that came together like that? Scratch Head

Well, I went through a stack that was about 8" thick to find them. When I was sorting them in the middle of the isle way at Home Depot  I had the manager come up to me and ask me what I was doing, so needless to say I had to give him the lowdown. :green:

Quote from: sarmck
PS   Scott what time shall we all come by for part 2 next Saturday?

Come on over, I don't think we've got anything planned. We can smoke on some of the stogies you brought over, sip on some scotch and listen to tunes. :thumb:

Quote from: deadfish
And hey Blackmore, thanks for the listen on the Droplet! You've returned my faith in cd players, though I'd love to hear a shootout with the modded SB3. (hint!)  I hope you get a chance to a/b on that Scott and get back with us before it goes away.  (yeah, sure, you got ALL the time in the world, right?)

In fact, if I can talk Mark into leaving it till this weekend, I'm going to try to crank out a review on it (since I don't have a paint brush or hammer in my hand anymore). :lol:

Thanks for all of the compliments on the room and the food. We appreciate it. Honestly, feel free to give me a buzz anytime to come out and listen. You guys know us, you are welcome out any time to watch movies on the big screen or just hang and listen on one of the systems. Don't be shy, really.

jcrane

« Reply #21 on: 11 Dec 2006, 10:49 pm »
I had a great time. Wish I didn't have to leave early but none the less it was fun a few photos, wish they turned out better but the beer affected my judgement :duh:
jamie

Some of the guys...
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2006, 11:43 pm by jcrane »

jcrane

« Reply #22 on: 11 Dec 2006, 11:44 pm »
Drinks....

jcrane

« Reply #23 on: 11 Dec 2006, 11:44 pm »
Siblings?

jcrane

« Reply #24 on: 11 Dec 2006, 11:45 pm »
What a group....
(Scott seldom gets into the action, but I caught him this time!)

jcrane

« Reply #25 on: 11 Dec 2006, 11:46 pm »
Front end of the new room

jcrane

« Reply #26 on: 11 Dec 2006, 11:47 pm »
The "loaner" speakers!

jcrane

« Reply #27 on: 11 Dec 2006, 11:47 pm »
The frontend of the redrum...

jcrane

« Reply #28 on: 11 Dec 2006, 11:50 pm »
Once again, thanks to Scott and his better half for having us over. It takes a special kind of women to put up with this Motley Crue!
The food was great, the company amazing and the music fun as always. Like I said I wish I could have stayed but the Company XMAS party called and I got to the bowling alley in time to bowl a couple games with my girlfriend.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday season!

Jamie