Cheap Phono Preamp Recommendation for an upcoming "Vinyl Head"

Brad

$200 is an excellent deal for the Graham Slee AMP2Se..... 8)

WEEZ

hell, yeah...

Scott F.

I'd do the Graham and not look back. For that kind of money you _will not_ find better.

alana106

Thanks Mens, :D

I'll PM Tim and see what I can find out.   I browsed around, and it looks like there are 2 similar models out there.  One is a small black unit, and the other current model is silver.  Not sure which one he has.  The pricing may be old in the article, but it shows the black one http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0402/gramamp2se.htm listed for $219 back in 2002. The silver one http://www.musicdirect.com/products/detail.asp?sku=AGRAHAMP2SE is now retailing for $399.  Just wondered which one everyone might be referring to??

Alan

alana106

Re: Cheap Phono Preamp Recommendation for an upcoming "Vinyl Head"
« Reply #24 on: 24 Dec 2006, 04:53 am »
Greetings,

Well, the Rookie "Vinyl Head" is happy to report that the new turntable is a hit.  I found a few of my old albums in the basement and brought them up.  Gave the old War (World is a Ghetto album) a spin, and for a just a little bit, during "City Country City", was taken back to when I was young.  Well, Younger anyway... :lol:
    The new little furry guy you see as my avatar, did a lot of strange head tilts during some of the harmonica playing on this album.  He will  occasionally sit and stare at the VMPS' like they're from outer space. :o
    Although the Clearaudio seems pretty puny after seeing Scott's Opera again, I just couldn't resist making a trip to Gateway, and lighting it up with a couple of LEDs. 

Everyone have a Merry Christmas...

Alan

steve k

« Reply #25 on: 24 Dec 2006, 05:35 am »
Way cool Alan! Nice job with the lights.
steve

alana106

« Reply #26 on: 24 Dec 2006, 05:50 am »
Way cool Alan! Nice job with the lights.
Steve

Thanks Steve,

I now, need to devise some type of dust cover for this section of the wall unit, or simply see about having one made for the TT itself.

Scott F.

« Reply #27 on: 24 Dec 2006, 12:39 pm »
Vinyl is soooo cool   :green: