VMPS 626R Speakers for Sale

MattTW

VMPS 626R Speakers for Sale
« on: 12 Jun 2018, 06:11 pm »
VMPS 626R Speakers for Sale (Norwalk, IA) - $600

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/ele/d/vmps-626r-speakers-pair-piano/6615148968.html

A Pair of VMPS 626R speakers in Piano Black. Great sounding ribbon speakers. These are called bookshelf speakers, but they are much bigger than a typical bookshelf speaker. I used them in my main system for many years and loved them. Great detail and they can play very loudly and cleanly for their size. They have dials on the back to tweak the tweeter and midrange.

I am the second owner of these speakers, I have had them for about 13 years. They are in excellent shape overall. VMPS often was criticized for the quality of their piano black finish, but in this case it is actually very well done. There is some super minor chipping in one spot in the black finish that you can't see unless you are very close. Cosmetically they are excellent overall. The foam on the woofers still looks great.

They are biwireable as you can see in the pictures. They have the spiral tweeter. The original owner claimed to have ordered several upgrades and done some upgrades himself including Auricaps, Soundcoat, and .99999 silver hookup wires. I have never opened these to verify the upgrades, but I can tell you that they sound great.

The stands were sent for free by the original owner, they were a homemade creation of his - they are substantial and built according to VMPS recommendations, but aesthetically not that great. I will also throw them in for free if wanted.

These are substantial speakers - about 40 lbs each and the stands are also solid.