Buchardt A10 review

newzooreview

Re: Buchardt A10 review
« Reply #20 on: 29 Dec 2023, 10:36 pm »
And while I am whining, I'm tired of accurate, full-range bass being equated with a goofball "basshead" stereotype. Reproducing the real, natural bass in a recording benefits every genre. It's an integral part of enjoying music.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #21 on: 29 Dec 2023, 11:47 pm »
And while I am whining, I'm tired of accurate, full-range bass being equated with a goofball "basshead" stereotype. Reproducing the real, natural bass in a recording benefits every genre. It's an integral part of enjoying music.
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Amen!

Hearing the full spectrum in the proper proportion is eye opening and an auditory delight!

George

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #22 on: 7 Jan 2024, 10:03 pm »
Got my Primare Prisma SC15 Mk2 and with help finally got it setup.  Instructions had mistakes, missing steps, and was overly brief.  Online accessed app(s) didn't help.  Now I can hear again after months of waiting what my Buchardt A500SE's sound like, marvelous!  I suppose the price to pay for getting an early release product.  And the entire system consists of 3 dark cabinets, 3 power cords, and two 3 legged black speaker stands.  Play everything off of my MacBook and Tidal.  Very minimalistic and cool.

newzooreview

« Reply #23 on: 8 Jan 2024, 12:12 am »
Very cool.

Do you run the Primare app on the Macbook and log in to Tidal via the app?

gary

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jan 2024, 01:04 am »
Got my Primare Prisma SC15 Mk2 and with help finally got it setup.  Instructions had mistakes, missing steps, and was overly brief.  Online accessed app(s) didn't help.  Now I can hear again after months of waiting what my Buchardt A500SE's sound like, marvelous!  I suppose the price to pay for getting an early release product.  And the entire system consists of 3 dark cabinets, 3 power cords, and two 3 legged black speaker stands.  Play everything off of my MacBook and Tidal.  Very minimalistic and cool.

Great to hear... will probably place my order for A10's shortly and should have them in early Feb. Cannot wait to see how they sound...

newzooreview

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jan 2024, 01:08 am »
This site is planning to post a review this month (according to their "initial reaction" video).

https://www.youtube.com/@stjernholmreviews/videos

I hope they cover more than the bass sound.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #26 on: 8 Jan 2024, 01:53 pm »
Very cool.

Do you run the Primare app on the Macbook and log in to Tidal via the app?

Don't use the app at all, but forgot to setup the room EQ in all the excitement.

newzooreview

« Reply #27 on: 8 Jan 2024, 02:46 pm »
Running the Tidal app on the Macbook would seem to stream the music into the Macbook from Tidal and then out via Airplay 2 to the Primare, downsampling anything above 16/44 and adding in any timing delays (from the computer and the network from computer to Primare).

It might be worth using the Primare app to log in to Tidal and control streaming, at least as a comparison. This would have the small, dedicated processor in the Primare stream music directly from Tidal, avoiding the loop through the computer, the introduction of Airplay 2 into things, and the downsampling of tracks.

If the Primare is connected by WiFi to network (and not via Ethernet, with WiFi turned off) then any difference would be less audible since WiFi degrades the sound.