An Opera Circle? Really?

JakeJ

Re: An Opera Circle? Really?
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jun 2009, 01:06 pm »
Thanks you, JohnR!  That is one of the best posts I have read on AC.  Intelligent, succinct, and answers a few questions I have had for some time.

I have never gotten the feeling that out sponsor/vendor circles are just paid for fanboy clubs.  The owners of each contribute greatly to the overall content of AC, not just to their own products and wallets.  Even the four Owner Circles, likely the most fanboy-esque of any circles, contribute content outside the confines of the brands they support.

If you cook your slugs in garlic butter you can pretend they are escargot.  :green:

Hoping you find something less boring,
JakeJ

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jun 2009, 01:15 pm »
An opera circle is niche for niche which is like...really tiny.
So is an audiophile grade open baffle 5.1 home theater surround system.

Bob

Mr Content

« Reply #22 on: 14 Jun 2009, 01:20 pm »
anyway, if you dont like opera, thats OK, lots here do. You could always post in the circles that interest you, yes :thumb:

Mr C aa

boead

« Reply #23 on: 15 Jun 2009, 05:38 pm »
This circle has 10 postings and 3 stickies. Less than a dozen replies and apparently this circle had been around since Jun of 2007?

Yeah I can see how popular it is. Sorry guys, keep up the Opera talk.

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #24 on: 15 Jun 2009, 06:13 pm »
This circle has 10 postings and 3 stickies. Less than a dozen replies and apparently this circle had been around since Jun of 2007?

My condolences,

You must be a victim of a Ludovico Technique.  I am sorry they used Opera in your case.  There was hope for Alex; may you have one too. 

Live long and prosper

« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2009, 07:28 pm by woodsyi »

BobM

« Reply #25 on: 15 Jun 2009, 06:44 pm »
I like opera because of the babes ...

CSI

« Reply #26 on: 15 Jun 2009, 06:53 pm »

Well, Gee. Since hardly anyone is posting...check this out Opera fans:

Magda Olivero, an Italian soprano, was born in 1910. Her most recent performance was 2 months ago.

Eat your heart out Mick Jagger!
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2009, 10:46 pm by CSI »

whubbard

« Reply #27 on: 15 Jun 2009, 07:01 pm »

Well, I too thought that an Opera circle wasn't needed. But it's here now and I'm happy for those that wanted it and now have it.

Regarding 10 postings and 3 stickies, founded June of 2007, your just wrong. It was founded two weeks ago and as is done with all circles, similar posts were moved in. It's a brand new circle, and is actually fairly active as can be seen by all the posts within the two last weeks. Get the Facts Right!  8)

-West

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #28 on: 15 Jun 2009, 07:15 pm »
I like opera because of the babes ...

Funny you should mention this, Bob.

I am sorry but the current trend in Opera Houses around the world is to go away from the fat ladies you love so much.   :wink: Check out this article and look up the new wave of svelte divas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/classical/features/too-big-for-la-bohegraveme-svelte-singers-are-the-new-shape-of-opera-929885.html

I personally would like to see roll appropriate size on all rolls.  It would just simply be wrong to have a fat Carmen, but Turandot could be large. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jun 2009, 06:27 am »
Listened to Orff's Der Mond yesterday (Philips).  Theatrical listening and a very good recording on my humble system.