Religion discussed here....

Wind Chaser

Re: Religion discussed here....
« Reply #280 on: 15 Jul 2008, 04:42 pm »
I didn't bump this up for the sake of provoking a forbidden discussion, but rather as an example of how well people are able to handle themselves with what is now considered a taboo subject in contrast to guns, which have stirred the pot considerably.

Clearly there has been an evolution in policy on how to deal with difficult subjects.  There never was a melting pot or effort to figure out how to handle religion and politics. :|

Anyhow, since this thread crosses the line, I rather see it locked than binned.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #281 on: 15 Jul 2008, 07:36 pm »
Replying to a four year old thread certainly seems like one is taking the scab off  :nono:  Personally I don't think it should be binned, banned or removed.  That's what use to make this a great country.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #282 on: 15 Jul 2008, 07:53 pm »
while i disagree that religion & politics should be banned on a/c, they are.  i was kicked off a/c for almost two years because of this thread.   :evil:   so, until the site owner decides that religion & politics deserve their own special circle, i think this thread should be locked, yust as i think all gun discussions should be banned - until such time as politics/religion are allowed.  to those who think guns are a tool, & not inherently political, name me one other "tool" that is protected in the usa bill of rights or constitution...

doug s.

mcullinan

« Reply #283 on: 15 Jul 2008, 07:56 pm »
while i disagree that religion & politics should be banned on a/c, they are.  i was kicked off a/c for almost two years because of this thread.   :evil:   so, until the site owner decides that religion & politics deserve their own special circle, i think this thread should be locked, yust as i think all gun discussions should be banned - until such time as politics/religion are allowed.  to those who think guns are a tool, & not inherently political, name me one other "tool" that is protected in the usa bill of rights or constitution...

doug s.
Everyman has the right to bear a Phillips head screw driver and or a set of Allen wrenches. I believe thats in there, in the small illegible scribbly type.
Mike

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #284 on: 15 Jul 2008, 08:51 pm »

doug s.
Everyman has the right to bear a Phillips head screw driver and or a set of Allen wrenches. I believe thats in there, in the small illegible scribbly type.
Mike
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

doug s.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #285 on: 15 Jul 2008, 08:52 pm »
Replying to a four year old thread certainly seems like one is taking the scab off...

Huh?  Did you even read the previous post?

The point is it sure seems AC is going out of the way trying to accommodate Turbo's gun fetish.  And while there are a few people who seem to share his interest, religion and politics have a much broader appeal.

These three subjects are controversial, but one is especially provocative and for some reason merits more consideration.   :scratch:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #286 on: 15 Jul 2008, 09:06 pm »
Ah yes, I see the cancer is spreading.  :|

Wind Chaser

« Reply #287 on: 15 Jul 2008, 09:19 pm »
Well Bob, you have made your position quite clear.  In view of your authority at AC, don't you think it would be prudent to be a little more impartial?

JohnR

« Reply #288 on: 15 Jul 2008, 09:24 pm »
Wind Chaser - I view this as deliberate muck-raking. We're working hard to bring things back on track, if it's really that important to you then bring it up in the appropriate forum (Town Square) when things settle down a little.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #289 on: 15 Jul 2008, 09:32 pm »
I have no authority here. I moderate The Sports Bar and The Home Theater Circle, that's all. I'm nobody important.
As far as being impartial: I just hate to see this "discussion" spread to, not only other areas of the site, but to bump a four year old thread to prove a point. Yes, I agree with you 100% that there was once a day when we could all talk about controversial subjects with the anger. Those days are long gone. But I can already see this thread ending up in Limbo or the IGWB due to the inevitable escalating tempers. I didn't mean to make it worse by posting. My greatest apologies to the folks at SP Tech, and their customers.
I will not post in this thread again. Please contact me by other means.

Again, my apologies to the owner of this board.

Bob

Wind Chaser

« Reply #290 on: 15 Jul 2008, 09:34 pm »
Wind..if you and doug cared so much, you should have volunteered when JohnR requested folks form a committee to come up with a site wide position on guns.

I would have but I missed the boat as I required more time to cool off.  Unfortunately when I returned, there were a few nasty PM's in my mail box and that pissed off me off further, making it impossible for me to participate in an objective manner. 

Wind Chaser

« Reply #291 on: 15 Jul 2008, 09:37 pm »
Wind Chaser - I view this as deliberate muck-raking. We're working hard to bring things back on track, if it's really that important to you then bring it up in the appropriate forum (Town Square) when things settle down a little.

I apologize.  That wasn't the intent. :?  And depending on the outcome of the great gun debate, I may bring this issue up in the Town Square at a more congenial time.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #292 on: 15 Jul 2008, 10:43 pm »
Wind..if you and doug cared so much, you should have volunteered when JohnR requested folks form a committee to come up with a site wide position on guns.
i do/did care, & i would have wolunteered.  unfortunately, a two-day hiatus from reading a/c means i missed the window.   :?

doug s.