SOLD PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport (Black PWT)

johzel

SOLD PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport (Black PWT)
« on: 4 May 2020, 02:49 pm »
SOLD  PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport (Black PWT)

Asking Price:  $895 or Best Offer (Flat rate shipping of $40 to CONUS)
MSRP:  $4,000

Cosmetic Description: 8/10 rating in excellent condition.  Second owner.  The unit has been well cared for.  There are a few minor marks on the piano black top – depending upon how the light hits it.  Multiple output options including i2s and AES.  SOTA high end transport with LOTS of reviews!!

What is Included: Transport, manual, remote, power cable, factory packaging including original double box

ThePerfectWave CD/DVD Memory player is a ground-breaking product that removes all digital sound limitations retrieving everything from your CD collection without any jitter or sonic loss.

The PWT plays both standard and high resolution audio and sends perfect digital audio data from its solid state memory directly to your DAC and then onto your loudspeakers. It works differently than other CD players by first extracting music from the CD, then storing to an internal memory and playing from the memory instead of the disc.

The chassis of the PWT is a metal sculpture that rivals the best ever built. A combination of aluminum and steel, the PWT weighs in at 20 pounds of elegance and beauty. The top cover is a hand painted, hand polished piano black cover that has been lavished over for hours.

Memory player
Built in Boulder
Plays 192kHz 24 bit WAV files
Plays DoP encoded DSD files
Native I2S output
4 digital asynchronous outputs
Built in Digital Lens
Color touch screen with album cover art
Fixed low jitter PerfectWave clocks

Functional Notes: Operational condition is excellent.  On rare occasion it “hangs” (freezes) on playback.  Maybe 4 or 5 times in the 2 ½ years that I’ve owned it. This is a known “glitch” in these units.  Simply rebooting by turning the power switch off and back on takes care of it. This has not happened since I upgraded the firmware. 

Firmware:  I recently upgraded the firmware to the newest 1.24 version with no issues.  Will send two SD cards with the unit – the original 1.22 SD Card and the new 1.24 SD card.  Once loaded, the cards do not need to remain in the unit’s SD slot. 

« Last Edit: 5 May 2020, 08:21 pm by johzel »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: For Sale: PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport (Black PWT)
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2020, 01:44 am »
Interesting concept machine, how many time it take to read a full red book CD?

jriggy

« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2020, 05:33 pm »
Holy cow on that price! Deal of the year.

(not affiliated)

johzel

« Reply #3 on: 5 May 2020, 08:23 pm »
Interesting concept machine, how many time it take to read a full red book CD?

It reads the disc several times and sends it to memory.  People are always amazed when you eject the disc and the music keeps playing. 

johzel

« Reply #4 on: 5 May 2020, 08:24 pm »
Holy cow on that price! Deal of the year.

(not affiliated)

Based on the quick sale I guess you were right . . . happy to see it going to a very good home in Texas!!  :thumb: