Florida Audio Expo

timing3435

Florida Audio Expo
« on: 9 Feb 2020, 01:27 am »
Did anyone get to the Spatial Audi Room.?

Details of what is in the room? 

Thanks

mhconley

Re: Florida Audio Expo
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2020, 02:29 am »
They look like M3 Sapphires:

The room sounded pretty good.

Martin

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2020, 02:30 am »

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2020, 02:36 am »
They look like M3 Sapphires:

The room sounded pretty good.

Martin

Yes - M3 Sapphire Speakers - $4,200
Linear Tube Audio Integrated - $4,900
Lampizat0r Amber 3 DAC - $2,750
AntiCables Digital, Analog and Power Cables

timing3435

« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2020, 02:38 am »
Thanks

jazzman463

« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2020, 02:12 pm »
Spatial's room was simple, elegant and sounded great. It may not have been the best sound but certainly in the top two or  three. To my ears in those rooms the Muraudo SP1's  made some of the best sounds I herd. The most interesting thing I found was the non magnet , light using phono cartridges. The next thing on my buy list , that I found  at the show was the pop and click remover for records. AD-DA . it works. It was a great show, Clayton is a smart man and  I am happy to own part of his legacy. The best thing was upon returning to my humble listening room , those M5's put a smile on my face.

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2020, 03:17 pm »
Spatial's room was simple, elegant and sounded great. It may not have been the best sound but certainly in the top two or  three. To my ears in those rooms the Muraudo SP1's  made some of the best sounds I herd. The most interesting thing I found was the non magnet , light using phono cartridges. The next thing on my buy list , that I found  at the show was the pop and click remover for records. AD-DA . it works. It was a great show, Clayton is a smart man and  I am happy to own part of his legacy. The best thing was upon returning to my humble listening room , those M5's put a smile on my face.

Did it seem like your M5S sounded similar to the M3S or any key differences?  I realize the different room and components does not make for an effective comparison.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2020, 05:22 pm »
Did anyone get to the Spatial Audi Room.?

Details of what is in the room? 
Pair of 2x15 open baffle woofers + largish dome tweeters run down to an astoundingly low 575Hz iirc.
They sounded good! Very clean clear bass (of course), dug fairly deep and plenty mid-treble detail.

Nice finally meeting Clayton, I'm a bit of an OB guy myself.

cheers,

AJ

jazzman463

« Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2020, 05:46 pm »
Its funny after the show I was thinking there is really nothing I am left wanting for. Maybe at low volumes in a larger room the M3's make better bass. In my room 13 x12 ;  listening at  80 dB to 90 dB the m5's are scary good. I have almost 200 hours on them now they can be astonishing with properly recorded records and cd's .
My room is so small I find the near field listening position , about 5 to 6 feet away from the speakers best. The speakers disappear at any distance but at 5 feet the room disappears. For fun I also have placed  a chair looking at my listening chair a bit behind the speakers , for a total different experience. It is like giant headphones and yes sounds different but good. The staging is projected to over my main listening chair and I actually get more bass? The pairing of the m5's and Manley is right on. The dynamic range that the speaker and amp present is quite impressive. The Manley is dead quiet and the speakers very subtle . I am 100 % happy with these speakers in this room , my  living room ...30 X 35 is another question maybe a pair of M3's  could dethrone the Usher's .

timing3435

« Reply #9 on: 13 Feb 2020, 01:42 am »
" those M5's put a smile on my face." ... My M3's put on a smile on my face also. I was listing to Duende by Bozzio Levin Stevens on the Black Light Syndrome album. The dynamic bass, drums, and guitar with an incredible soundstage.... sound coming from everywhere with highs and lows.  I was laughing and had a smile on my face because it was so fun to listen to. 

Qobuz, Matrix Element X, Freya + with 1950 tubes, Jeff Rowland 535,  Audio Envy Cables, Spatial Audio M3 Sapphires

timing3435

Good things to say
« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2020, 07:10 pm »
Very good things to say about the M3 Sapphires!   
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjYiRdOClYw

timing3435

Re: Good things to say
« Reply #11 on: 17 Feb 2020, 07:14 pm »
[/quote

Go to 15:42 in video

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #12 on: 17 Feb 2020, 08:48 pm »
[/quote

Go to 15:42 in video

That is high praise indeed.  And not only for the M3S but for those excellent components.  I personally have LTA on my shortlist for an amp upgrade for my M3S.

Don_S

« Reply #13 on: 17 Feb 2020, 09:30 pm »

For any one interested, the Buddy Guy and Tracy Chapman track is on the Buddy Guy CD "Bring 'Em In".

timing3435

« Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2020, 09:48 pm »
That is high praise indeed.  And not only for the M3S but for those excellent components.  I personally have LTA on my shortlist for an amp upgrade for my M3S.

I want the LTA bad myself just to see if I  can hear a difference. I have a Jeff Rowland with a tube preamp that I am happy with but this hobby is addictive and expensive in search of a "sound"

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #15 on: 17 Feb 2020, 10:13 pm »
I want the LTA bad myself just to see if I  can hear a difference. I have a Jeff Rowland with a tube preamp that I am happy with but this hobby is addictive and expensive in search of a "sound"

Jeff Rowland is really good stuff.  I know what you mean.  I would be disappointed if there was never anything to tweak or upgrade.  That is why I now have two systems with the aim of them being very different yet complementary.  They will compete for listening time.

geerock

« Reply #16 on: 18 Feb 2020, 12:02 am »
I'm waiting on both the x5's, and the ZOTL10 MK2 amp to pair up with my new all in Don Sachs pre.  Both should be here within the week.