A High School in Quebec had all its band instruments stolen and needs help

zane9

All, I am posting this on behalf of a music lover in Quebec, and originally posted on Canuck Audio Mart today:

"I just got back from my daughter's concert, awesome evening when you consider these kids are 13 years old and just how good they are already. The high school she attends offers music class as an option, out of the ~800 students in the school over 300 are enrolled in music!!!

The high school was burglarized recently and pretty well ALL of the instruments were stolen. Craigslist, Ebay, local pawns shops are all being closely watched but from the looks of things the music department won't be recovering any of the instruments.  In the meantime the school has had to rent instruments while they figure out how to raise the $30,000 required to replace the instruments.  No, the govenrnment  and the school board has no money for such things, naturally.

Instruments that need to be acquired include flute, oboe, alto sax, slide trombone, clarinet, piccolo, etc..   the kids are learning big band and classical music.

So here's what I'm wondering: do any of you have any instruments you'd be willing to donate? Or, if I was to start a fund to help would you be willing to donate some cash? Maybe a percentage of sales made on gear you sell? 

The school:  http://beaconsfield.lbpsb.qc.ca/

The gent who runs the music dept is Phil Legault, absolutely brilliant music teacher and passionate about teaching kids to play. 

The way I see it, music isn't a nice-to-have, it's a must and we ought to encourage kids. The school link is above and if you'd like you can send instruments or cash directly to Phil. If you'd prefer to send it to me I will accumulate the donations and give a cheque to Phil on behalf of the members of Canuck.

My address:

Jeff Logan
7 Vendome
Kirkland, Quebec
H9J 3W3

or paypal if that's easier:  my paypal user name is my email address:

jeff.logan@sympatico.ca

The Xmas concert is in early December and I'd like to provide the donation just before the concert, if possible."

You can follow the discussion thread on Canuck, here: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6957.
I know we are geographically removed from Quebec, but I will be contributing what I can, and I hope some of you could do so as well. Thanks for reading and responding.