X-3's Arrived

bbybaudio

Re: X-3's Arrived
« Reply #40 on: 20 Aug 2019, 12:58 am »
X5s sound great right out of the box. Really fantastic sound. Glad I got the X5s, they are still large in my room which is 22.5 X 15>5 X 9, with speakers and system on the long wall. Speakers are 37" out from back wall, 8 feet apart and about 9 ft from listening position.

sumoking

« Reply #41 on: 20 Aug 2019, 03:46 am »
Looking good!

Thank you for sharing your pictures of the speakers and your room.
Cheers!

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #42 on: 20 Aug 2019, 04:03 am »
X5s sound great right out of the box. Really fantastic sound. Glad I got the X5s, they are still large in my room which is 22.5 X 15>5 X 9, with speakers and system on the long wall. Speakers are 37" out from back wall, 8 feet apart and about 9 ft from listening position.

Yes, thanks for sharing. Your space looks great as do the x5’s. Glad to hear you’re getting good results with the primaluna integrated. I have a similar amp that I’d like to use with the x5’s if I’m able to get them.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #43 on: 20 Aug 2019, 10:28 am »
What are the other speakers in the photo?

bbybaudio

« Reply #44 on: 20 Aug 2019, 12:18 pm »
The other speakers are Silverline Sonatina IIIs. I am the original owner and they have been great. Now need to find them a new home.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #45 on: 20 Aug 2019, 12:37 pm »
That's what I thought they were, but couldn't be sure. It's funny, but years ago I had a pair of Sonata IIs. I didn't keep them long. Although they were pretty good speakers, they had a boxy sound in my room that I could never rid them of. Some things sounded nice, but a lot of acoustic recordings (especially acoustic guitar) had a resonance that was hard to ignore.

So how do the Sonatinas compare to the Spatials?

Shakey

bbybaudio

« Reply #46 on: 20 Aug 2019, 03:42 pm »
So, the Sonatina IIIs were designed to fix some of the probs with the Sonata and reduce weight. My only quibble with the Sonatina's was on some music I felt there could be more midrange. Low end is very good, but with a bump. Comparing, in the first couple of hours with the X5s, stage height and width are larger than the Sonatinas. Midrange is much better, both my wife and I heard notes from mids to highs that we had not heard before on familiar music. Not trying to tamper too much with the subwoofer amp at this point. PrimaLuna has 32-35 db gain so subwoofer amp will likely have to be set beyond midpoint to match.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #47 on: 20 Aug 2019, 04:25 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Really looking forward to hearing my X-3s.

Shakey

bbybaudio

« Reply #48 on: 21 Aug 2019, 02:25 pm »
Last night spread speakers out a bit more and adjusted toe in. Played some CDs that I thought would never sound ok. Pleasant surprise, all sounded fantastic! For the live recordings, very much you are there experience.