Custom Cables Available from Triode Wire Labs

Triode Pete

Custom Cables Available from Triode Wire Labs
« on: 5 Dec 2015, 06:29 pm »
Custom-made cables are always available from Triode Wire Labs, even though it's not stated on the TWL website.

I have a large inventory of "In-Stock" cryogenically-treated connectors, including the Neutrik PowerCons, Type A (NAC3FCA), Type B (NAC3FCB) as well as the large black, High Current 32A NAC3FC-HC. For speaker cables, I have top of the line Cardas connectors as well as Danny Richie's (GR Research) Tube Connectors (I have the mating speaker binding posts as well). For interconnects, I have my great-sounding RCA & XLR's, but also have super high quality 75 ohm RCA's & BNC connectors (for my 75 ohm Digital Cable - website to be updated). As far as traditional power cable connectors, I have a large inventory of super high quality Furutech & IeGO connectors for Europe, England/UK, Australia/NZ as well as for North American applications.

Pictured below is a custom "Digital American" cable set for a Netherlands customer of mine, featuring a variety of Neutrik connectors as well as a TRC (Technology Research, LLC) Shock Shield PRCD device. He's using it on a custom Blue Circle power conditioner. Also shown is a custom short set of shielded phono RCA interconnects...

Happy Holidays,
Pete
« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2015, 04:39 pm by Triode Pete »

Joe Frances

Re: Custom Cables Available from Triode Wire Labs
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2016, 02:01 am »
Pete:

I know this is a late reply, the Audio Circle warns that it's not likely to get a response months after the original posting, but just in case, could you elaborate a little bit on the sonic improvements these types of upgrades achieve for the listener?

Thanks,

Joe

Triode Pete

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2016, 02:02 pm »
Pete:

I know this is a late reply, the Audio Circle warns that it's not likely to get a response months after the original posting, but just in case, could you elaborate a little bit on the sonic improvements these types of upgrades achieve for the listener?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,
Jak się masz? It's nice to hear from you!

The custom cables can make a large improvement in sound quality... But don't take my word, take it from my customers...

Here's some feedback from one of my customers (Paul in the Netherlands) who has the TWO specialty Neutrik power cords I fabricated for him (pictured above)...

"Hi Pete,

I have been using TWL powercords for quite some time now. I use the 7 plus on my Rel woofer, ARC ls 26 and NuVista preamps, on my Eera dl2 cd player, my Arcam tuner and my Blue Circle BC6000 powerfilter. Furthermore i use the American Digital on my AMR cd player and his best powercord, The Obession on my Nu Vista poweramp. And i like it a lot! The sound is very organic, that is, very natural and balanced. With a lot of energy in the midband and a firm bottom. To keep it simple: they let my stuff make music. There where 2 spots left where i used other cords and i decided 'to TWL' them as well. As always Pete was willing to custom made for me the power connection between the BC6000 and Blue Circle Musicring and the 2 powerleads between PSU and Amp of the Nu Vista. I can tell you that there are the well known icing on the cake! They really make a huge difference and my system sound glorious! In this case using 1 brand for power cords really works great and these cords are the best i have heard. Add the very personal and cooperative way Pete deals with special requests and you have a winning combination.
Thank you Pete and please continue to produce such wonderfull products!

Best Paul U.
Netherlands"

Triode Pete

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2020, 07:21 pm »
Another custom TWL cable... This time a custom cord for a "Power Supply Umbilical Cable for Modwright Instruments" -  PH 9.0 Phono Stage

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2020, 05:37 pm »
Another custom TWL cable, this time for a 3m long REL subwoofer cable for an audiophile in Singapore...

Cheers,
Pete

kingdeezie

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2020, 05:42 pm »
Crazy question. Have you ever built power cords with inline switches? I have Soundlab speakers that I turn on and off every listen.

I use a cheap power strip right now. Probably degrading sound. I could just unplug the cords from the back of the plate, but figured that would degrade the inlet over time.

Triode Pete

« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2020, 06:24 pm »
Crazy question. Have you ever built power cords with inline switches? I have Soundlab speakers that I turn on and off every listen.

I use a cheap power strip right now. Probably degrading sound. I could just unplug the cords from the back of the plate, but figured that would degrade the inlet over time.

Not a crazy question... I have made a GFCI switch power cord for a Dutch customer of mine (you can see it in my first post on this topic going to two Neutrik PowerCon connectors). I used a device similar to this "in-line"...

There are other heavy duty switches available as well like this...

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2020, 01:58 pm »
Another custom cable, this one a unique version of my "Freedom" ethernet cable, but instead of two Telegärtner RJ45 connectors, there's only one and it's connected to a Oiyagai B074M3FRDP HDMI connector.

It's for a high end optimal use of a NuPrime CDT-10 professional music CD transport I2S HDMI output (DoP256) into a Denafrips Terminator DAC, that has an I2S-B input (RJ45 input socket)...

Here it is...

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2020, 06:58 pm »
Once again, another custom cable. This time a "Spirit 50", a true 50 ohm digital cable with precise 50 ohm BNC connectors. This was custom-made for a customer in Chile, to connect a high-end master clock.

Cheers,
Pete

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2020, 10:57 pm »
Not a crazy question... I have made a GFCI switch power cord for a Dutch customer of mine (you can see it in my first post on this topic going to two Neutrik PowerCon connectors). I used a device similar to this "in-line"...

Cheers,
Pete

Where are these found?

Triode Pete

« Reply #10 on: 8 Aug 2020, 03:45 pm »
Another Custom Cable, this time a Special Linear Power Supply DC Power Umbilical Cable, Cryogenically Treated, with an Oyaide DC-2.1G barrel connector to a low mass and low capacitance female XLR connector.

This was for a HDPLEX 300W Linear Power Supply.

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #11 on: 2 Sep 2020, 11:49 pm »
Another custom cable from Triode Wire Labs, this time a HiFiMAN Adapter from an amplifier into a 4-pin XLR jack for headphones.

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #12 on: 6 Oct 2020, 11:13 pm »
Another Custom Cable from TWL!

This time a balanced female XLR connection to a single-ended RCA connection... NO ADAPTERS!

Pins 1 & 3 are linked together, whereas Pin 2 is "hot" with the center pin on the RCA connector.

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #13 on: 2 Feb 2021, 09:58 pm »
This time around, a "High Power Digital American" power cord fitted with a 32 amp-rated Neutrik PowerCon IEC connector. This one is headed to Hong Kong to be used on a custom PI Audio UberBUSS...

I've also made an Obsession with the same PowerCon connector, used on a GigaWatt power conditioner!

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2021, 10:01 pm »
Another custom cable, this time for a custom step up transformer made by "The Slaglemeister", Dave Slagle.  In discussions with Dave, he favors going from mono back to left/right channels after the phono stage.  This requires a Y cable between a transformer volume control and tube amplifiers.  This one has a female XLR connector on the single source end of the cable and RCA connectors on the split amp end of the cable.

Cheers,
Pete

RonP

« Reply #15 on: 26 Apr 2021, 01:28 pm »
Another custom TWL cable... This time a custom cord for a "Power Supply Umbilical Cable for Modwright Instruments" -  PH 9.0 Phono Stage

Cheers,
Pete

I just found this a week or so ago... Pete built this cable for me about this time last year. I had PM'd him my comments on it. I'll post them here as well for everyone's benefit.

- - - - -

So the umbilical . . . that lovely piece of kit! :-)

So I started out by playing side "C" of https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Division-Bell/release/2684216
on the old cable. This is an LP I know very well.

Once done, I powered everything down, and swapped cables. I noticed the Modwright-supplied umbilical also
used Neutrik connectors. It's a quality build but more on the basic side of things.

Thanks for letting me know the cable was not pre-cooked. During the first track I noticed some issues with
certain downbeats. You'd hear a long-ish, smooth sustained note, then the downbeat and back into another
long note. The downbeat was being drowned out at first. Like someone hit -3db or -6db on it and it alone.
The notes on either side were better than ever. Anyway, 20 mins of play later, this effect was gone.

Onto the good . . .

From the first fade in note, I noticed things were better.
- deeper frequencies were coming thru
- the note was fuller, richer, wider, more life like. It had more meat on the bone
- on several occasion in that first LP side, I noticed some fine percussion work on the hi-hat
or symbols. That was new to me. On at least one occasion I could hear where the beater on the base
drum sounded more ... mmm.. tactile and real.
- on the second track it was like I was hearing a new keyboard part and background guitar part
- The echoes on Gilmour's voice became more autonomous - each was a separate entity
- Overall the soundstage widened. And the 'divide' between left and right speakers seemed to close.
- The GR Research speakers have great imaging but it seemed to get better. A bit more "360" in the sound.
(meaning if you were a fly on the ceiling looking down at the tower speaker and could see the sound waves,
well they'd be more even and circular coming out.)

Overall it seems to have been the tipping point - pushing the turntable sound into a more 'Organic' sound!
It's helped to allow each instrument or vocal to be more individual - bring it out of the mix vs being all
mushed together.

Triode Pete

« Reply #16 on: 26 Apr 2021, 10:50 pm »
I just found this a week or so ago... Pete built this cable for me about this time last year. I had PM'd him my comments on it. I'll post them here as well for everyone's benefit.

- - - - -

So the umbilical . . . that lovely piece of kit! :-)

So I started out by playing side "C" of https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Division-Bell/release/2684216
on the old cable. This is an LP I know very well.

Once done, I powered everything down, and swapped cables. I noticed the Modwright-supplied umbilical also
used Neutrik connectors. It's a quality build but more on the basic side of things.

Thanks for letting me know the cable was not pre-cooked. During the first track I noticed some issues with
certain downbeats. You'd hear a long-ish, smooth sustained note, then the downbeat and back into another
long note. The downbeat was being drowned out at first. Like someone hit -3db or -6db on it and it alone.
The notes on either side were better than ever. Anyway, 20 mins of play later, this effect was gone.

Onto the good . . .

From the first fade in note, I noticed things were better.
- deeper frequencies were coming thru
- the note was fuller, richer, wider, more life like. It had more meat on the bone
- on several occasion in that first LP side, I noticed some fine percussion work on the hi-hat
or symbols. That was new to me. On at least one occasion I could hear where the beater on the base
drum sounded more ... mmm.. tactile and real.
- on the second track it was like I was hearing a new keyboard part and background guitar part
- The echoes on Gilmour's voice became more autonomous - each was a separate entity
- Overall the soundstage widened. And the 'divide' between left and right speakers seemed to close.
- The GR Research speakers have great imaging but it seemed to get better. A bit more "360" in the sound.
(meaning if you were a fly on the ceiling looking down at the tower speaker and could see the sound waves,
well they'd be more even and circular coming out.)

Overall it seems to have been the tipping point - pushing the turntable sound into a more 'Organic' sound!
It's helped to allow each instrument or vocal to be more individual - bring it out of the mix vs being all
mushed together.

Hey Ron,
Thanks for feedback! Very much appreciated!  :banana piano:

Cheers,
Pete

Emil

« Reply #17 on: 28 Apr 2021, 03:17 pm »
Hey Pete
Any request from Naim-o-philes?
Hard market top crack. Almost a cult like following

Triode Pete

« Reply #18 on: 30 Apr 2021, 09:32 pm »
Hey Pete
Any request from Naim-o-philes?
Hard market top crack. Almost a cult like following

Hey Emil,
I have made many standard cables for Naim audiophile enthusiasts but not many specialized cables... Naim has their own Phono DIN and other eccentric cabling connectors only common to Naim...

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #19 on: 31 Jul 2021, 03:35 pm »
Another custom cable, this time for a LG OLED CX48 flat screen TV... It's pretty amazing on how the picture improves so much with a better power cord on it!

Cheers,
Pete