PowerPlay Active Monitor Promotions

jsalk

Re: PowerPlay Active Monitor Promotions
« Reply #20 on: 2 May 2016, 11:14 am »
Does an extra gain stage (i.e. preamp) need to be added when using a turntable? Or would you plug the phono stage straight into the "line in" on the back of the master speaker. This is for MM cartridge with 3.5mV output.

You would need a phono preamp to feed the analog inputs.  You can't simply amplify the output of a turntable as RIAA equalization must be applied and that is part of what a phono stage does.

- Jim

ctviggen

« Reply #21 on: 2 May 2016, 11:26 am »
Awesome webpage design  :green:

Best,
Anand.

Personally, I think the design is poor.  I cannot see an actual image of the entire speaker, for instance.  I see half the woofer, and if I scroll down, the speaker goes away.  I'm using Firefox 45.0.2 on windows 7.  What does the actual speaker look like?

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #22 on: 2 May 2016, 11:39 am »
You would need a phono preamp to feed the analog inputs.  You can't simply amplify the output of a turntable as RIAA equalization must be applied and that is part of what a phono stage does.

- Jim

I mentioned the phono stage in my query. Maybe you missed it. I've been running a TT setup since I've been about 14 and am now 63. I understand equalization, gain stages and so on. What I want to know is if there's enough gain in the system to plug a phono stage (preamp) straight in. Usually you need a separate typical preamp with another gain stage (usually around 10db) to handle the signal.

jsalk

« Reply #23 on: 2 May 2016, 11:56 am »
I mentioned the phono stage in my query. Maybe you missed it. I've been running a TT setup since I've been about 14 and am now 63. I understand equalization, gain stages and so on. What I want to know is if there's enough gain in the system to plug a phono stage (preamp) straight in. Usually you need a separate typical preamp with another gain stage (usually around 10db) to handle the signal.

Sorry, I guess I did miss that.  Yes, you can plug a phono stage into the line-level analog inputs.

- Jim

billmcc

« Reply #24 on: 5 May 2016, 02:28 pm »
I am a customer of Jim's and would like to applaud his replies here and elsewhere....truthful and right to the point  :thumb:

I agree 100% :)! Not many speaker company owners would take the time to reply in such a detailed fashion.

Bill

billmcc

« Reply #25 on: 5 May 2016, 02:36 pm »
Personally, I think the design is poor.  I cannot see an actual image of the entire speaker, for instance.  I see half the woofer, and if I scroll down, the speaker goes away.  I'm using Firefox 45.0.2 on windows 7.  What does the actual speaker look like?

Sounds like an issue with your computer. I think the design is just fine like all the other Salk speaker listing pages. I'm having no issues viewing the three tabs (Overview, Specifications and Pricing) of the PowerPlay Monitor page with Internet Explorer. There is a full picture of a pair in white at the top of the listing page.

Bill

Art_Chicago

« Reply #26 on: 5 May 2016, 02:47 pm »
I also like the design of the web page. Should strike those youngsters right in the head!

fsimms

« Reply #27 on: 6 May 2016, 12:36 am »
Sounds like an issue with your computer. I think the design is just fine like all the other Salk speaker listing pages. I'm having no issues viewing the three tabs (Overview, Specifications and Pricing) of the PowerPlay Monitor page with Internet Explorer. There is a full picture of a pair in white at the top of the listing page.

Bill

I have the same problem with my iMac.  The Safari and Google Chrome browsers don't show the bottom of the speakers.  I can go the the main Salk website and see them fine.  They have a slot for the port at the bottom.

Bob

jsalk

« Reply #28 on: 6 May 2016, 01:07 am »
Thanks for the head's up.  I am in the process of a complete web re-design and probably won't fix the present pages as I would rather forge ahead with the new site.  Hopefully it won't take too much longer.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #29 on: 8 May 2016, 07:12 pm »
Well, I substituted a new graphic at the top of the PowerPlay page.  Hopefully this will address the issues mentioned above.

- Jim