AVA Transcendence Eight DAC - SOLD

abongiov

AVA Transcendence Eight DAC - SOLD
« on: 4 Nov 2012, 01:32 pm »
Perfect condition AVA Transcendence Eight DAC that, of course, has the Burr Brown OPA627AP opamp upgrade. Serial number 092708B. Includes all factory paperwork and packaging, a set of Upscale Audio premium matched Mazda/Brimar 6CG7 tubes, a set of 6N1P tubes matched by AVA, and the originally installed tubes.

Price reduction  $300 + shipping from Georgia (Greater Atlanta area).

Bought here several months ago, I had fun with it but now need to move to another direction.
At that time I asked Frank what upgrades were available, here is his answer:

One is the current buffer upgrade to the digital board, replacing the old buffers with new super fast LME49600 buffers.   This one is tricky to do because the physical configuration of the new parts is very different than the originals.  The cost is $300.
The other upgrade is the mos-fet upgrade which replaces the J79 Hitachi power mos-fets on the audio hybrid tube board with new Exicon power mos-fets.  This is also $300.
If both upgrades are done at the same time the cost is $500.00
These will take the DAC up to an Ultra II, providing almost identical performance to our newest Fet Valve Hybrid DAC performance.  The upgrades are well worth the cost.

I can't say the price is still the same, it has been several months but I am sure you can ask Frank for the actual cost.
« Last Edit: 8 Feb 2013, 02:46 pm by abongiov »

abongiov

Re: AVA Transcendence Eight DAC
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2013, 10:09 pm »
Bump for price reduction

rlee8394

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2013, 03:25 am »
I'm curious. I can understand the current buffer upgrade, but the T8 was a tube only circuit. The Ultra DAC was the hybrid tube/mosfet unit. Maybe they both shared the same circuit board and Frank can add the Exicon power mosfet. Can you verify that your unit in fact has the Hitachi 2SJ79 mosfets?

Thanks,
Ron

abongiov

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2013, 01:26 am »
I am sorry but my knowledge in electronic is very limited. I am just a consumer  :oops:, but those info were giving to me by Frank after I gave him the Serial number, so I trust him.

abongiov

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2013, 01:07 am »
Bump for price reduction

rlee8394

« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb 2013, 11:43 pm »
How about a photo of the interior?

Ron