5 Stages of (Audiophile) Grief- Where are you?

kyrill

Re: 5 Stages of (Audiophile) Grief- Where are you?
« Reply #20 on: 24 Mar 2009, 01:03 pm »
how come?

joschmo

« Reply #21 on: 24 Mar 2009, 01:55 pm »
How bout this one, after many years of searching I have found a rig (headphone) that gives me absolutely tremendous joy and I can't listen it because when I put my headphones on they begin to hurt my ear.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #22 on: 24 Mar 2009, 02:12 pm »
how come?

Was this in reference to my post?? If so; well I honestly don't know why such a wait. Paid for them in full  :duh: and was so excited, now 1.5 yrs later am quite bummed out about the whole deal.....

kyrill

« Reply #23 on: 24 Mar 2009, 02:25 pm »
yes John
it was to you

no legal matters you can do?

USA has such consumer protection?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #24 on: 24 Mar 2009, 03:02 pm »
What's their excuse John?

nathanm

« Reply #25 on: 24 Mar 2009, 04:00 pm »
I have Accepted that I have a great sounding system in need of no further upgrades and Depressed that it all goes largely to waste.  Two beautiful piano black VMPS subwoofers whose main function are plant stands?  That ain't right.

Thebiker

« Reply #26 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:19 pm »
Some of us, however, have transcended grief and arrived at happiness.  Not to be confused with Audio Nirvana.  I have achieved a level of contentment now that I have returned to the joys of vinyl.  Damn, but I didn't realize how much I missed it :scratch:

I run two tube based 2 channel systems, one in the Man Cave and one in the MBR, plus a HT in the great room.  Could some things be improved?  Of course.  But I have reached the point of diminishing returns and won't fork out the cash for a 3% to 5% improvement that it would take to get to Nirvana.

Walt

gixxerific

« Reply #27 on: 7 Apr 2009, 01:42 am »
I would have to say I'm 1-4 with a little bit of 5 as well. :oops:

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #28 on: 7 Apr 2009, 02:07 am »
Some of us, however, have transcended grief and arrived at happiness.  Not to be confused with Audio Nirvana
Walt

That's exactly where I'm at. Not with vinyl though. While I'm still trying different pieces it is just a habit now and has slowed down to an acceptable level. I do love what I'm hearing right now.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #29 on: 12 May 2009, 04:04 pm »
yes John
it was to you

no legal matters you can do?

USA has such consumer protection?

Oops, forgot about this post, sorry about that!  Anyway, I guess I and others could pursue it legally but am trying to be patient and wait it out. Was recently told it could only be a couple more months!! Man I sure hope so, this wait has put a serious hurt on my audio enjoyment.

What's their excuse John?

Oh boy. Well I've heard plenty and some sound legit. I just really hope he has a heart and gets this done as I can't afford to pay for another set of speakers...