SOLD: Digital Amplifier CO Golden Cherry Monoblocks $2500

AvsFan

SOLD: $2500, MSRP on these is $6900. My beloved Digital Amplifier CO Golden Cherry Monoblocks. As far as separates go, these are the best monoblock amps I have ever heard. Price not even being considered. I went through multiple amps that kept going into thermal protection mode with my Magnepan LRS's. When I finally got these amps, they handled those current and power hungry Maggie's without breaking a sweat. And that's also when I finally found out how great and magical the Maggie's sound truly is. These amps showed that. Since then, I have used these amps with every speaker you can think of with great results. They are the top of the line Golden Cherries in Tommy's DTM lineup. Separate power supplies the whole nine yards. I am only selling because I put two different systems up for sale at the same time, if the Hegel Rost sold first, I would have kept the Golden Cherries but my Bel Canto Pre/DAC sold first which I had running the Golden Cherries with. So there ya go. They are in pristine condition. The amps are mounted on top of solid pieces of granite for stability. They look nice too. Tommy is a great guy and builds some superior electronics, plus his customer service skills are the best I have ever encountered. I will post a link to the GC's as well as a link to a review of these amps. Believe me, they are super musical and will control and power any speaker you can throw at them with ease. I have all original boxes and packaging. I also have the RCA adapters if you are not running an XLR balanced pre or dac.

https://www.cherryamp.com/golden-desktop-marashinio-dtm

https://positive-feedback.com/interviews/tommy-obrien-digital-amplifier-co/

« Last Edit: 1 Feb 2021, 06:01 pm by AvsFan »

morganc

Re: FS: Digital Amplifier CO Golden Cherry Monoblocks $2500
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2021, 12:45 am »
Are these the 60Volt Power supply version?  Not sure if they come with different power supplies or not....

AvsFan

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2021, 01:19 am »
Are these the 60Volt Power supply version?  Not sure if they come with different power supplies or not....

Yes. For the GC's it is the 60v power supply. Producing 200 watts x 2 at 8ohms and 400 x 2 at 4ohms.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2021, 02:56 pm »
Nice pics. GLWS.

AvsFan

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2021, 06:57 pm »
Nice pics. GLWS.

Thanks and thanks.
They are even prettier up close and in person.  :D

AndrewA

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2021, 10:49 pm »
Can they be removed from the granite or are they permanently attached?

AvsFan

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2021, 04:50 am »
Can they be removed from the granite or are they permanently attached?

They can be removed. That’s how they come from the company though.

markn

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2021, 05:28 pm »
Hi,

On the website, the golden model is gold, we’re these special order?

I have the Maraschino, and they are great, was thinking about trying these as a step up.

Thanks

Mark

AvsFan

« Reply #8 on: 1 Feb 2021, 06:09 am »
Hi,

On the website, the golden model is gold, we’re these special order?

I have the Maraschino, and they are great, was thinking about trying these as a step up.

Thanks

Mark

Yes. They were special ordered in the Cherry Red.

And Tommy’s electronics are addictive! He makes some of the best electronics I’ve ever heard. I had the STM, then jumped up to the Golden Cherries and now he’s building me some MEGAschino MKII Monoblocks with quad rail capacitance.

AvsFan

« Reply #9 on: 1 Feb 2021, 06:00 pm »
SOLD

GregC

Re: SOLD: Digital Amplifier CO Golden Cherry Monoblocks $2500
« Reply #10 on: 1 Feb 2021, 09:02 pm »
I have Golden Cherries (in black with blue LEDs) mounted on aluminum bases.  I had 60v power supplies that Tommy upgraded to linear power supplies.  The amps sound superb!