Klaus's Phone number...

laserboi

Klaus's Phone number...
« on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:05 am »
Is this Klaus's current phone number (317) 299-5578?  With my tax return coming in I plan on giving Klaus a call and discussing some potential business on Tuesday and I would like to have his number.  Thanks in advance.

-Pete

laserboi

Re: Klaus's Phone number...
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2008, 09:50 pm »
Well, I talked to Klaus while I was on my way to the Dentist's office and next thing I know I was handing over my credit card so he could build me an Odyssey Stratos Extreme SE!  Now the hard part will be controlling myself while I wait for the amp to be delivered.  It was great talking to Klaus today, he's very informative, personable and down right funny.  My only regret was not being able to take notes of all the knowledge he was imparting to me while I was driving. 

Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping me make the final decision.  I don't post here often but I read these forums as well as audiogon at least four to five times a day.  What can I say, I geek out over two channel audio!

Regards,

-Pete

KBK

• Teo Audio
« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2008, 07:03 pm »
I know you didn't intend it, and that's what makes it even more funny. There are a least 4 to five different jokes hiding in your post.

laserboi

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2008, 06:18 pm »
My Stratos Extreme SE arrived via Fedex unscathed at least on the exterior.  I have to go to work and I'll be working a lot of hours this weekend so I won't have a chance to hook it up until Monday.  The unit is truly a work of art in person and I cannot wait to start the break in process.  I will post some pictures in a few days while my back rests from carrying this monster up stairs.  Thank you Klaus!

Regards,

-Pete  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

djbnh

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2008, 09:50 pm »
My Stratos Extreme SE arrived via Fedex unscathed at least on the exterior.  I have to go to work and I'll be working a lot of hours this weekend so I won't have a chance to hook it up until Monday.  The unit is truly a work of art in person and I cannot wait to start the break in process.  I will post some pictures in a few days while my back rests from carrying this monster up stairs.  Thank you Klaus!

Regards,

-Pete  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
:wink: Odds are that within 2 years you'll have Extreme Monos (whether they're the SE or other iteration is up to you.) Enjoy the ride, and Happy Listening! :thumb:

laserboi

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2008, 02:30 pm »
Djbnh,

Everything that I've read on these forums does certainly suggest that I will end up that way.  The Mirage M3-si's that I have certainly could use every last bit of juice from the mono's so I definately see myself going down that path when the funds become available.   I must admit though that I will most likely pick up a good preamp before that point in time happens.

Regards,

-Pete

laserboi

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2008, 03:36 am »
Just hooked up the amp and repositioned my entire audio rack/T.V. stand without I hope creating a hernia.  I know that these amps need some serious break-in time but so far I'm impressed.  I had been using an Outlaw Audio RR2150 with my Mirages and the Outlaw is no slouch for the price.  The Stratos hooked up to the Outlaw as the pre immediately presented a larger sound stage, everything just seemed bigger it was very interesting.  I detected a little harshness on certain recordings but all in all I am very impressed.  I cannot image what this amp will sound like after the suggested 4-6 weeks of break-in time.

Question #1:  When I powered the amp down the LED logo stayed lit, is that normal?

Question #2:  When breaking the amp in should I be playing music constantly or will having the amp simply powered on break the amp in? 

Thanks in advance,

-Pete

markC

« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2008, 03:50 am »
You need to play music. Not at all loud, but it must amplify a signal to break in. Isotek enhancer CD might be a good choice; not exactly music, but reportedly great for accelerated break-in.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2008, 03:55 am »
... and leave the amps on.  Just let them play and cook at low levels for 3-400 hours. 

Even after they're broken in, leave 'em on. 

Bryan

djbnh

« Reply #9 on: 16 Mar 2008, 09:41 am »
You need to play music. Not at all loud, but it must amplify a signal to break in. Isotek enhancer CD might be a good choice; not exactly music, but reportedly great for accelerated break-in.
The Isotek, IMO, will do the job very well, and in less time than just playing music.

laserboi

« Reply #10 on: 1 Apr 2008, 05:20 pm »
I promised to post some pictures so here they are.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1404&pos=1

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1404&pos=0

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1404&pos=2

This is my first serious stereo set-up that I've ever had.  I've only been in the game for two years now and I think I'm doing quite well.  Opportunities include the room and speaker placement because of the room.  Enjoy!

Equipment includes:  Mirage M-3si speakers, Odyssey Stratos Extreme SE, Outlaw Audio RR2150 (used as preamp), and Primare CD21.  Cables, whether they make a difference or not include Audioquest Gibraltar for the speakers and Audioquest King Cobra for the IC's.  I'm using a Monster HTS5100mkII power conditioner on the Primare and Outlaw, with the Stratos plugged straight into the wall.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome, thanks for looking. :thumb:

yooper

« Reply #11 on: 1 Apr 2008, 05:36 pm »
Congrats on your purchase.   :thumb:  I too am an owner of Odyssey amps, and love them. 

I noticed you currently have your amp housed within the tv stand, and there doesn't appear to be much room above and around the amp.  I would be sure it's not generating to much heat, especially when turning the volume up a bit.

Mark

laserboi

« Reply #12 on: 1 Apr 2008, 05:48 pm »
I can barely detect any warmth from the amp.  The room my system currently resides in is quite small so loud listening equates overload in my room so for right now the amp will not generate much heat.

laserboi

« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2008, 04:16 pm »
Well, I just talked to Klaus yesterday and I put in an order for a Candela.  Should be here near my birthday in June, I cannot wait.  In the meantime I am building a custom Flexi-stand for my components and my T.V.  I will post pics when I'm finished with the stand.  This will give me plenty of room to fit another stratos chassis *hint hint* as well as the Candela and everything else I want to store in there.  This is my first DIY project so hopefully it will come out all right.   

lazydays

« Reply #14 on: 20 May 2008, 07:07 pm »
Well, I just talked to Klaus yesterday and I put in an order for a Candela.  Should be here near my birthday in June, I cannot wait.  In the meantime I am building a custom Flexi-stand for my components and my T.V.  I will post pics when I'm finished with the stand.  This will give me plenty of room to fit another stratos chassis *hint hint* as well as the Candela and everything else I want to store in there.  This is my first DIY project so hopefully it will come out all right.   

It took my Candella about 60 hours to start sound close to what it is today. But within 15 minutes I knew I'd never have the Quicksilver back in that system ever again. Right now mine has about 800 hours on it with the OEM tubes. Buy a good power cord as it will make it slightly more open.
gary

laserboi

« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2008, 02:58 am »
Thanks for the heads up Gary.  Any ideas on what power cords might work?