Looking for cable recommendations

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
  • Managing Director and Founder at Sonneteer
    • Sonneteer, made in Britain since 1994
Looking for cable recommendations
« on: 28 Oct 2013, 01:11 pm »
Hello everyone,

We often get a little caught up in our own bubble here at Sonneteer towers and we lose track of all the good stuff that goes on outside of our own sphere so we need feedback from the outside world to keep us up to date on all that's good.

So loudspeaker cables and interconnects. What's good these days? We still have a set of QED Kudos(amongst a couple of others) from the 1990's and some Chord company (the purple one I don't know its name) and some Ortofon O79s. They have been doing good service in our listening area for a few years and some of our best products have started life there. But the Millennium has changed since and many more moons have passed so we need some fresh input.

So please we would like to be inspired by something new. What has tickled your system to perform? Even better if you are a Sonneteer owner or have been, what works well?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Haider.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Looking for cable recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2013, 01:13 pm »

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2013, 01:23 pm »
Thank you.
Anything more specific you can say about them? Do you know their pricing. Are they expensive, affordable?

Any poetry?

Haider

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2013, 01:57 pm »

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 2013, 02:14 pm »
If you are interested in cables simply built to good engineering standards with low capacitance, excellent shielding, low audio BS quotient, and high quality terminations at much lower prices, try these.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm

Frank Van Alstine

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #5 on: 28 Oct 2013, 05:47 pm »
As Frank wrote BlueJeans is the place to go.

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2013, 11:22 am »
Haha,

Thanks guys. I knew I would open up a door to some advertising.

We are looking for a little poetry or even some quality prose about these products. Love to hear in a little more detail about these things. honesty doesn't have to be BS as Frank has eloquently referenced above.

Talk about the Chords that put a bow to your heart strings. As you see we can do Cheddar too.

Haider

TimF

« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2014, 07:18 pm »
I see this as an old post, but will respond anyway. A couple of cables that I use that are very good, and relatively inexpensive by cable pricing these days are Supra and Mogami. I have used Supra Classic 6 for quite awhile now, it is durable, very flexible and does the business. I also like their banana plugs that can be used either as right-angle or straight on, this works well for speakers that need to go right up against a wall or tight spaces behind amplification.

I also have used Mogami W2921 and W3104, both of these again are very flexible and use a quad-core arrangement that can be adapted as single wire pair or if you are one that adopts bi-wiring, can be utilized this way as well.

Both of the above cables work well with a number of amplifiers that I have or have used, Naim, Creek, Plinius etc. Good cables at a no-nonsense price. Tim

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2014, 12:21 pm »
Thank you very much for that. Yes we are familiar with Supra and have a lot of good customer feedback.

Apologies for taking my time to respond here. I have recently become a father for the second time and the hours in the day have been eroded. I am hoping to back on this horse very soon.

Haider
sonneteer.co.uk

TimF

« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2014, 11:13 pm »
Congrats Haider! Hope all is well with the new addition to the family! That is much more important than hifi will ever be!

I think the Supra cable is a fine sounding cable at an extremely sensible price. It certainly seems to work well with most makes of gear. Good stuff. Tim

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2014, 07:58 am »
Thanks Tim,

though Music and hifi are a good escape every now and then juts to get one's sanity back. And that is really saying something when one goes to hifi kingdom to get their sanity ;-)

Haider
sonneteer.co.uk

TimF

« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2014, 09:35 am »
That is for sure!

banjoman

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jul 2014, 10:13 am »
I have a Sonneteer Orton and love it with my Proac D28 speakers. It's a superb amp by all standards.
In terms of interconnects, I tried a few including some Audioquest cables, Van Damme cables and some silver hybrid cables, but found the best results with Mark Grant copper interconnects to get the best balance of smoothness and detail.
I use the G1500 HD interconnects

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 15 Jul 2014, 10:33 am »
Thank you Banjo,

I will look them up. How did you fair with the Audiquest and Van Dammes relatively speaking? How did they differ?

Haider
sonneteer.co.uk

banjoman

« Reply #14 on: 15 Jul 2014, 11:59 am »
To be honest, the difference among them were small. I preferred the Audioquest (Jade interconnects, I think) to the Van Damme. I found the VD cables a bit softer in the bass, while the AQ were better overall but I found the treble a tiny bit toppy - especially with my DAC. The Mark Grant were better balanced overall with good detail

JCarney

« Reply #15 on: 15 Jul 2014, 12:22 pm »
MG Audio Design IMHO makes the most neutral IC's and SC's to my old ears. Real good bang for the buck.

JCarney

mgaudiodesign.com