Quick VPC-1 and/or VPC-2 Question

Theogenes

Quick VPC-1 and/or VPC-2 Question
« on: 13 Dec 2008, 04:13 am »
Hello!! I just got a VDA-2 ( :thumb:) and a pair of Wyred4Sound SX500 monoblocks, and I have a Mapletree Audio Design custom Ultra 4SE preamp being built as we speak. Unfortunately, until my MAD gets here, I can't listen to my new toys!!! :( So I was wondering a couple of things:

1). Given that the imput impedance of my W4S amps is 61.9k, would I be able to use a passive pre between the amps and my VDA-2?

2). Would the VPC-1 and/or -2 work for this? Would either be especially appropriate?

3). If the answers to the previous two questions are both 'Yes,' does anyone have either of the aforementioned passive preamps for sale in the $100-120 shipped range? (I'd be looking to get it pretty quickly, as my MAD should be here in a couple of weeks).

Sorry if these are noob questions... From what little I know, it sounds like the W4S amps would be perfect for a passive pre, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

Btw, just got my VDA-2, and it's in a little thrown-together temporary setup at the moment, so I can't rant and rave about how awesome it's performance is... But I can't wait until I can!!!! :D

Theogenes

Re: Quick VPC-1 and/or VPC-2 Question
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2008, 12:23 am »
I made an offer to the gent in the classifieds for his VPC-1, so hopefully that will work!! I'm still interested in hearing any thoughts you fellas might have if you get a moment... Thank you in advance!!!

Theogenes

Re: Quick VPC-1 and/or VPC-2 Question
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2008, 01:20 am »
The fellow I made an offer to had sold his yesterday, unfortunately, so I'm going to post a WTB in the classifieds here and a couple of other places... If anybody has one they're looking to unload, let me know! My only stipulation is that I'd like to complete the transaction pretty quickly if at all possible, as this is essentially a stop-gap measure until I get my MAD preamp in, and for funzies after that... Again, thanks in advance for any and all thoughts and suggestions!!