« on: 20 Mar 2005, 10:20 pm »

Hantra

Re: 6 Moons.com Reviews JJAZ amps
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2005, 10:38 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/jjaz/jjaz.html

I think he likes it :D  :D  :D

Very pretty in the padauk.

If they use the same modules as Rowland, and lack Rowland's Lundahls and extreme CNC'ing, why are they the same price roughly?

B

Wayne1

6 Moons.com Reviews JJAZ amps
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2005, 11:04 pm »
The Rowland 201, at $4800.00 a pair, use the smaller ICE module that puts out 500 watts into 4 ohm and 250 into 8 ohm. The JJAZ IP110KW mono-blocks are 500 into 8 ohm and 1000 into 4 ohm. The teak is solid, not veneer. That case is NOT cheap! It is entirely handmade.

The JJAZ IP205KW stereo amp in the Stainless chassis uses two of the same modules as the Rowland 201 and it is $2600.00.

Hantra

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2005, 01:23 am »
Quote from: Wayne1
The Rowland 201, at $4800.00 a pair, use the smaller ICE module that puts out 500 watts into 4 ohm and 250 into 8 ohm. The JJAZ IP110KW mono-blocks are 500 into 8 ohm and 1000 into 4 ohm. The teak is solid, not veneer. That case is NOT cheap! It is entirely handmade.

The JJAZ IP205KW stereo amp in the Stainless chassis uses two of the same modules as the Rowland 201 and it is $2600.00.

Ohh I didn't remember the power output on the 201.  Gotcha. . .  

Good looking cases for sure.  I priced some of that yesterday to build my attempt at a power conditioner.  LOL

DeanSheen

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2005, 07:31 pm »
Thats good news, increased competition, better chips, more product diversity.  

Nice that they beat the Evos.  It's just a matter of time for me.  Just not willing to spend that much at the moment.  Hopefully, it wont be too much longer.

~DS

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2005, 09:45 pm »
There has been some concern expressed about the small area on the JJAZ mono-block for speaker connection. It is rather hard to get spades to fit.

I have come up with some adapters.

These will be going out to Srajan so he can use the JJAZ mono-block in his big rig :D

CornellAlum

« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2005, 09:52 pm »
Looks good Wayne!

Wayne1

« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2005, 04:21 pm »
There has been quite a bit of interest in the JJAZ amps since the initial comment by Srajan was posted.

Most of Denmark is on Easter holiday. I just heard back from Johnny Jensen this morning. I feel we need to clear up a few things.

The current prices on the BOLDER Cable website are the suggested retail prices from JJAZ. They DO NOT include the shipping expence from Denmark to the US. Johnny is working on getting the best pricing on shipping and when that is firmed up, the pricing on the website will change to reflect landed cost to Colorado. All amps will be shipped to Colorado, inspected and in certain cases, they can be broken in for the customer before final shipping.

Modifications to the amps can be done at this time. I can replace all the internal wiring. I have found this to improve the sonics quite a bit. The mono-blocks Srajan has were modified and broken in.

The Solid Paduak cabinets are VERY expensive  to make and are not stocked in Denmark. Thet are custom made to order and take three weeks to complete.

Both the 500 watt and 1000 watt modules are available in stereo configuration in the stainless steel cases. These can usually be assembled and shipped in a week.

We will be offering a trial period with these amplifiers. The length of the period is still to be determined. The amps may be returned to Colorado for a refund less shipping expences. Depending on when and if Srajan sends back the demo amps, the audition set may be avaible again for AC members to take a listen in their own systems.

The B&O ICEPower modules that are the heart of this amp design are not happy with long speaker cable runs or high capacitance speaker cable. I fyou are running your speaker cables over 12 feet. these amps may not be for you. Cat5 cable is not reccomended  :lol: