Lets see your O.B. speakers....!

Poultrygeist

Re: Lets see your O.B. speakers....!
« Reply #560 on: 26 May 2023, 10:38 am »
And here are the Coral Holey Baskets in open baffles. Everything Mr Glow-in-the-dark says about them in his blog are spot on.

http://glowinthedarkaudio.com/coralholey.html

Radio99

« Reply #561 on: 26 May 2023, 02:24 pm »
Thank you very much.
Unfortunately I'll have to go with what I can find in today's market within my budget, so old school are out of question for me.

I'll keep reading about what others say about Lii Song's drivers (I still have some months in front before making anything) and decide if they are as good as Lii Audio originals or if I have to change route on the brand to use.

Sorry to hijack threat.

Poultrygeist

« Reply #562 on: 26 May 2023, 04:37 pm »
Thank you very much.
Unfortunately I'll have to go with what I can find in today's market within my budget, so old school are out of question for me.

I'll keep reading about what others say about Lii Song's drivers (I still have some months in front before making anything) and decide if they are as good as Lii Audio originals or if I have to change route on the brand to use.

Sorry to hijack threat.

Lii Audio and Lii Song appear to be one in the same. It's just a name change as they didn't copyright their original name.

https://www.lii-audio.com

Radio99

« Reply #563 on: 26 May 2023, 06:06 pm »
Lii Audio and Lii Song appear to be one in the same. It's just a name change as they didn't copyright their original name.

https://www.lii-audio.com

I've got worried after reading an extensive thread on the subject at diyAudio forum, so... good to know  :wink:

joessportster

• Set & Single Driver Bliss
« Reply #564 on: 2 Jun 2023, 01:56 pm »
Lii Liionidas Extreme in the house and sounding rather good.

ahola1968

« Reply #565 on: 23 Sep 2023, 05:45 am »

ahola1968

« Reply #566 on: 23 Sep 2023, 06:10 am »
Open/No baffle .... EMS LB12 fullrange speaker hanged on frame

Cmdc

• Vinyl. Tubes. OB and single driver speakers.
« Reply #567 on: 1 Oct 2023, 03:05 pm »

ahola1968

« Reply #568 on: 8 Jan 2024, 12:57 am »

[img]https://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=260412[/i

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs

Camus

« Reply #570 on: 4 Feb 2024, 05:17 am »
My first foray into O.B., a good friend let me borrow his Spatial M4 Triode Master so I can see how they would work in my space. So far, these are great imaging and easy flowing 🤙🏽

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
« Reply #571 on: 4 Feb 2024, 06:32 pm »
You are in good company Look at my m4 tm’s

Have had them for 4 years fantastic!

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
« Reply #572 on: 4 Feb 2024, 06:43 pm »

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #573 on: 5 Feb 2024, 03:51 am »
I have a pair of Rythmik FM8s subs with GR Research Super Minis. Here are a couple videos for proof of concept. Subs have 4 hours, Minis about 30. Crossover is 200 hz. Still a lot of work to get things right, but a start. Room in new house is challenging, but a miracle to even have the system there, ha. I needed the absolute minimalistic speaker to pass the waf test. This was as small as I was willing to go. Acoustic foam has yet to be put on the front baffle.

I have since raised the subs 10" off the ground with the funny things on the sides. They are Specially Tuned Harmonic Resonators that create an out of phase signal to cancel out box resonances.  :wink: They also just happen to be fantastic grab handles to move the speakers to their listening positions.  :wink:

Rickie Lee. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTRByZtq7K0
Chinese  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLOLSkE6po

Rocket Ronny

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #574 on: 5 Feb 2024, 04:06 am »
RockaDaddy. The main question I always have about the Pure Audio Project MTM speakers is how is the image height? Seems to me the main driver is only, or less than, 30" high from my best guess. I know for me in a normal listening chair it would have to be at least 36" for a realistic sound stage. Can you say what those cost?

Rocket Ronny

jk@home

« Reply #575 on: 5 Feb 2024, 01:21 pm »
I'm currently breaking in a pair of Lii Fast 15s, with the intention to set them up in the PAP style OB, with Beta 15a drivers as the dual woofers. Have tried them at different heights, to equate MTM and TMM. I had the same concern, and with these drivers and my room, I'm going with the TMM setup. Although with the PAP style, it's easy to change the configuration.

That issue is brought up in this thread on another forum (among other things):
https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/pap-trio-15-and-diy-discussion.6197/

rockadanny

« Reply #576 on: 6 Feb 2024, 07:23 pm »
@Rocket_Ronny ...
The main question I always have about the Pure Audio Project MTM speakers is how is the image height?
Mine do not seem to project height-wise exceptionally well when sitting within an equilateral triangle. I have Gaia III footers so able to rake them back a bit for a believable (when seated) height projection of sound. Height limitation disappears when sitting further back from them.

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #577 on: 7 Feb 2024, 09:42 pm »
RockaDaddy. Thanks for sharing. If I owned those, I would raise them 10" or so. Doing that, I would think it a hard speaker to beat.

Rocket Ronny

jbetanc

« Reply #578 on: 8 Feb 2024, 03:03 pm »
Garage with AV123 X Statik and Lii Fast 15

Poultrygeist

« Reply #579 on: 2 Apr 2024, 10:10 pm »
The wide band drivers are 8 inch Zenith alnico's sitting atop Eminence Alphas in H-frames. The Zeniths have no identifying markings but came in the same cabinet with the 12 inch Zenith 49CZ802 which date back to 1957. I wish I knew more about them as their SQ is stunning.