Small or thin center channel speaker for large screen T.V.?

martinr

Hello,
Can anyone point me in the direction of a small or thin center channel speaker for a large screen rear projection T.V.?  I have a 57" Mitsubishi and would like to add a center channel speaker.  I have the top of the TV filled with Dish box, DVD and HT amp sitting on top - not much room for a center channel speaker.  Do they make a hanger or speaker that hangs off of the front of the T.V under the screen somehow? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Martin

Levi

Re: Small or thin center channel speaker for large screen T.V.?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2009, 03:16 am »
Hi Martin,

In my experience it is best to match the center channel to left and right speakers.  Timber matched speakers are fun specially watching action movies.  As far as placement, I put my speakers right below the tv screen.  This will anchor the sound to the picture no matter where you are sitting.

Example:  Note the center speaker.  This is good.  Below is even better!

Levi

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2009, 03:20 am »
You can also buy any stand that will hold your center channel speakers right below the screen.

chadh

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2009, 04:32 pm »
Hello,
Can anyone point me in the direction of a small or thin center channel speaker for a large screen rear projection T.V.?  I have a 57" Mitsubishi and would like to add a center channel speaker.  I have the top of the TV filled with Dish box, DVD and HT amp sitting on top - not much room for a center channel speaker.  Do they make a hanger or speaker that hangs off of the front of the T.V under the screen somehow? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Martin

My wife's cousin (does that make him a cousin-in-law?) is one of the owners of the Leon speaker company.  Their whole business is custom designing speakers to mate with your HT setup, especially with flat panel TVs and the like.  I admit I've never had the chance to listen to any of his speakers.  But the cousin-in-law is a great guy, and I could certainly recommend him as someone with whom to do business.

http://www.leonspeakers.com/

Chad

murphy11

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2009, 01:05 pm »
The Energy Take systen has a small center.