tdangelo

Re: Diffusors Arrived - Very Impressed!
« Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2020, 11:56 pm »
Thank you. They are the Spatial X2

Tony

sockpit

« Reply #21 on: 22 Mar 2020, 06:31 pm »
Are your Diffusors unpainted or factory painted self painted.  If painted is this the coffee color option?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #22 on: 22 Mar 2020, 06:41 pm »
  We use Gregs diffusors as well. Not a dealer of such. For $220 shipped a true bargin.

charles

tdangelo

« Reply #23 on: 22 Mar 2020, 07:12 pm »
Are your Diffusors unpainted or factory painted self painted.  If painted is this the coffee color option?
Yes, factory painted Swiss coffee.

aniwolfe

« Reply #24 on: 25 Mar 2020, 03:14 pm »
I have mine set up like this in my dining room system. They definitely made a nice improvement.

Those look great. How long did they take to break in? LOL j/k

Big Red Machine

« Reply #25 on: 25 Mar 2020, 05:20 pm »
Are these diffusers mathematically calculated to one of the many types such as prime root, quadratic, etc.? Are they targeted at certain frequency ranges?

aniwolfe

« Reply #26 on: 25 Mar 2020, 05:33 pm »
Are these diffusers mathematically calculated to one of the many types such as prime root, quadratic, etc.? Are they targeted at certain frequency ranges?

Great question!
I sent Greg an email.

aniwolfe

« Reply #27 on: 26 Mar 2020, 10:27 pm »

Here ya go

Mr. T’s are a random sequence calculation determined by a RSI application. Range of diffusion is ~ 1KHz to 8KHz. It is absorbent above that range to beyond audibility and reactive below that range to ~ 200Hz. It will work below 200 Hz by spacing it out from the wall and adding cardboard, Masonite or light plywood to the back.
Greg
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2020, 06:31 am by aniwolfe »

tdangelo

« Reply #28 on: 27 Mar 2020, 01:54 am »
Those look great. How long did they take to break in? LOL j/k
I bought them used from a member and they were good to go when I got them. They are in my second system which is in the open living space so they don’t get much use. It would have taken many months if I bought them new :|

aniwolfe

« Reply #29 on: 28 Mar 2020, 06:45 pm »
I have mine set up like this in my dining room system. They definitely made a nice improvement.

I would never go back to naked walls in the back...the amount of Spatiality to the soundstage is very very impressive. This is for sure like a very nice component upgrade.

Poultrygeist

« Reply #30 on: 27 Jul 2020, 01:56 pm »
Assuming those diffusors are light weight? Are they rigid enough to be mounted in a frame without a backing?

Thanks

tdangelo

« Reply #31 on: 27 Jul 2020, 02:01 pm »
Yes, very rigid. I glued on a small picture type hook to the back so I could hang them.