BRYSTON BOT-1 (Bryston Optical Transport)

SFOX

Re: BRYSTON BOT-1 (Bryston Optical Transport)
« Reply #380 on: 24 Jul 2015, 01:35 am »
Hi James

I ordered a black BOT-1 today through Pro Sound - could you check on estimated delivery time ?  :D

Thanks

Steven

brystoned

« Reply #381 on: 1 Aug 2015, 09:38 am »
james

when will BPS be available ?

ed

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #382 on: 1 Aug 2015, 11:14 am »
james

when will BPS be available ?

ed

Hi Ed

It will be a while as the wallwart has worked out fine and we have a couple of other projects Chris is working on first.

james

Don_S

« Reply #383 on: 12 Aug 2015, 01:37 am »
What does the BOT-1 rip to?  Can it rip to an external drive connected to a BDP or only to an internal drive?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #384 on: 12 Aug 2015, 01:46 am »
What does the BOT-1 rip to?  Can it rip to an external drive connected to a BDP or only to an internal drive?

Hi

Any drive attached including NAS

james

BrystonFan

« Reply #385 on: 2 Dec 2015, 10:57 pm »
What to do if the CD is not recognized?
Is there a way to populate the unknown fields via the MM software?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #386 on: 3 Dec 2015, 03:22 pm »
What to do if the CD is not recognized?
Is there a way to populate the unknown fields via the MM software?

Yah, you simply edit the shown values before ripping.  you can even add cover art by way of a link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/Videos/BOT/BOT%201%20-%20Intro.mov

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/Videos/BOT/BOT.html

BrystonFan

« Reply #387 on: 5 Dec 2015, 01:32 am »
Thank you Sir!  :thumb:

docder

« Reply #388 on: 8 Dec 2015, 01:07 pm »
Hi James and co,

a few weeks back by BDP-1/BOT-1 was recognising and reading CDs for ripping with no problem, all data fields automatically completed, but today it is not picking up any information of tracks and so on. When I select the Meta button I see the title of the CD, for example -
a6128d0c Fray David / Schubert: Impromptus D 899 - Moments musicaux D 780 : 200 classical

but all other information windows are not updated. I have such as 'Unknown Artista6128d0c' and all titles are just track 1, 2, 3 and so on. Track times are registered, though.

I have tried a few CDs but get same outcome.  Is there a remedy for this, please.

best

docder

jaydial

« Reply #389 on: 18 Dec 2015, 12:03 am »
Do not think so as we do not have to alter it to use it.

James
I kept seeing estimated prices in the $800-900 range for the BOT-1 but it seems to have debuted at $1295.  What happened?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #390 on: 18 Dec 2015, 12:26 am »
I kept seeing estimated prices in the $800-900 range for the BOT-1 but it seems to have debuted at $1295.  What happened?

Hi

Yes the drive turned out to be a lot more expensive that we originally thought.

james

docder

« Reply #391 on: 28 Dec 2015, 11:43 am »
Hi James and co,

a few weeks back by BDP-1/BOT-1 was recognising and reading CDs for ripping with no problem, all data fields automatically completed, but today it is not picking up any information of tracks and so on. When I select the Meta button I see the title of the CD, for example -
a6128d0c Fray David / Schubert: Impromptus D 899 - Moments musicaux D 780 : 200 classical

but all other information windows are not updated. I have such as 'Unknown Artista6128d0c' and all titles are just track 1, 2, 3 and so on. Track times are registered, though.

I have tried a few CDs but get same outcome.  Is there a remedy for this, please.

best

docder

An update on this issue - I solved it by closing down CD Backup, disconnecting BOT-1, then reconnecting BOT-1 follow by re-opening CD Backup.  I then reinserted the CD, it was now recognised and the relevant data fields were populated. The problem may have been caused  by having CD Backup open before connecting BOT-1.

D

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #392 on: 28 Dec 2015, 12:49 pm »
An update on this issue - I solved it by closing down CD Backup, disconnecting BOT-1, then reconnecting BOT-1 follow by re-opening CD Backup.  I then reinserted the CD, it was now recognised and the relevant data fields were populated. The problem may have been caused  by having CD Backup open before connecting BOT-1.

D

Hi dorder

Thanks for the detective work - will look into it at our end as well.

james

Marius

« Reply #393 on: 1 May 2016, 04:26 pm »
HI Chris,

will the BOT1/BDP software rip and playback Blu-ray yet, in 24bit? Haven't heard an update on this, or missed it.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Ed,

Its a panasonic Bluray Burner, we wanted to keep our software options as open as possible.  I'm not saying we will have blu-ray ripping and playback, but if we can write the software or find someone to write the software then the option is there.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #394 on: 2 May 2016, 01:24 pm »
finally hooked up an LG BP55EB40 blu ray burner to my BDP1 (over a powered USB TP-Link UH720 USB 3.0 hub , adding to 3 WD 2tb Passports) and happy to report all hardware seems to be recognized and working :thumb:

Same goes for a LG GP70NS50 external DVD-burner. Looking a bit better in its 'Mac'  (and Bryston) compatible silvery slotdrive. A bit louder in spinning the discs though.

Chris, can't the BDP recognize these 2 hooked up at the same time? Had to disconnect the BD for the DVD to be seen. It had power enough from the hub, since it was spinning and loading/ejecting fine.

First impressions: none of the cd's have album art ..... all classical cd's, which was what i was afraid of.
2 out of 3 were recognized...
I did see Glenn Gould's Goldberg variations, in 2 sets of metadata, but they have disappeared for now. 32 tracks did take some time to load, (nothing displayed to say its reading the disc)

my bdp says is has no internet connection, which of course it does have, but, not to spoil the fun, that won't keep me from experimenting a little further. Ill give it some time to settle down.

Ella does it better, (loading in only a few seconds) still no album art though:

Note is doesn't show the song title in the playlist, but does in the player section of MM interface, and also in the backup interface below:

Cheers,
Marius
« Last Edit: 2 May 2016, 02:25 pm by Marius »

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #395 on: 2 May 2016, 08:36 pm »
finally hooked up an LG BP55EB40 blu ray burner to my BDP1 (over a powered USB TP-Link UH720 USB 3.0 hub , adding to 3 WD 2tb Passports) and happy to report all hardware seems to be recognized and working :thumb:

Same goes for a LG GP70NS50 external DVD-burner. Looking a bit better in its 'Mac'  (and Bryston) compatible silvery slotdrive. A bit louder in spinning the discs though.

Chris, can't the BDP recognize these 2 hooked up at the same time? Had to disconnect the BD for the DVD to be seen. It had power enough from the hub, since it was spinning and loading/ejecting fine.

First impressions: none of the cd's have album art ..... all classical cd's, which was what i was afraid of.
2 out of 3 were recognized...
I did see Glenn Gould's Goldberg variations, in 2 sets of metadata, but they have disappeared for now. 32 tracks did take some time to load, (nothing displayed to say its reading the disc)

my bdp says is has no internet connection, which of course it does have, but, not to spoil the fun, that won't keep me from experimenting a little further. Ill give it some time to settle down.

Ella does it better, (loading in only a few seconds) still no album art though:

Note is doesn't show the song title in the playlist, but does in the player section of MM interface, and also in the backup interface below:

Cheers,
Marius

The software was designed to just have one drive attached at a time, perhaps you should try turning the BDP off, only plug in one optical drive and use it with just that one drive.  Also your USB hub might keep the BDP-1's system board running, so when you turn the BDP off make sure to unplug the USB hub as well.

Cover art can be added from the menu on the left in the cd backup utility.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #396 on: 3 May 2016, 07:41 am »
Thanks Chris,

BDP settled down from the experimental phase, feeding from the front usb port, adding to the 2 back ports, to final setup, feeding all usb port devices thought the new Hub, attached to the top back usb port. Et voila: Audio CD Ready!  :thumb:

Cleared cache, reset DB, the BDP1 is now rebuilding, and seemingly doing fine, only the NAS drive (MP3) to go:

USB hub is powered on/off when the system is powered, hope that will suffice.

Coverart didn't load either because the BDP didn't see the internet (which it should have.. :scratch: ) or cd's weren't recognized, which still happens more often than one hopes for.

Will try to figure out ripping cd's (which is called backing up is it?) saving and transporting those rips to the BDP and NAS library, and comparing that to the old routine.

Question: Can one drag and drop covert art (like in XLD)? Thats is way easy, browsing the web, finding the art and simply DD it on to the ripping interface.

Must say I've already started liking the loading and direct playing from memory through the BDP and MM. Cool to remotely command the CD-playing through the app.

Cheers,
Marius

The software was designed to just have one drive attached at a time, perhaps you should try turning the BDP off, only plug in one optical drive and use it with just that one drive.  Also your USB hub might keep the BDP-1's system board running, so when you turn the BDP off make sure to unplug the USB hub as well.

Cover art can be added from the menu on the left in the cd backup utility.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #397 on: 3 May 2016, 11:44 am »
turn your BDP on and enter the following address (http://bryston-bdp-1.local/dashcode/br2) it will take you to a page that looks like a br2 remote and you can control the BDP and b100/b135 from it.

Well my hour on the tread mill is up

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

does this still apply? takes me to the BDP homepage instead.

Cheers,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #398 on: 3 May 2016, 11:53 am »

Hi Chris,

does this still apply? takes me to the BDP homepage instead.

Cheers,
Marius

http://192.168.0.101/rm/

Marius

« Reply #399 on: 3 May 2016, 11:55 am »
thanks Chris,

Should the attached dvd/cd drive be seen in Mac finder?

it isn't right now
Marius