Scott Nixon's TubeDac+ vs Ack! Industries dAck!

arthur

tubedack
« Reply #80 on: 21 Dec 2003, 04:28 am »
i think that there is still 2 versions of the dac
this is from the scott-nixon.com/dac.htm

"Simplifying  the TubeDac and SaruDac+ choices.  As of December 1st, both dacs will feature sinc filters that are switch-able in and out !  A small toggle on the rear adds the sinc filter or removes it.  This will lessen confusion on dac choice upfront and offers system matching flexibility.   It's totally cool.  Contrary to what some have posted on forums, it's absolutely stable and doesn't harm or hinder your system in any way shape or form.  Now there is a the TubeDac+, which has some premium parts in spots, but is the same dac circuit wise..  There is now a beefy 4 amp desktop transformer that ships with all TubeDac.."

what i'm wondering is if the 3Xac sonically superior to what i got with my TubeDac+ ? on the website www.scott-nixon.com it is only listed as an upgrade for the standard TubeDac.

Hantra

« Reply #81 on: 21 Dec 2003, 05:44 am »
what i'm wondering is if the 3Xac sonically superior to what i got with my TubeDac+ ?

Well, I haven't heard the exact transformer on the newer DAC's, but the 3XAC just took my DAC to a completely different level.  It was WELL worth the money spent.  Of course, I have found the DAC to be very sensitive to anything you do power-wise.  From cords to conditioners, they can all have a dramatic effect on this one.  I am using the Audience PowerChord on mine, and I will use nothing else.

B

byteme

Re: Tubedac upgrade
« Reply #82 on: 21 Dec 2003, 07:51 pm »
Quote from: Hantra
I feel you man.  I know exactly what you mean. . .

Ditto here.  I'm continually amazed at that little bugger.

Well, I haven't heard the exact transformer on the newer DAC's, but the 3XAC just took my DAC to a completely different level. It was WELL worth the money spent. Of course, I have found the DAC to be very sensitive to anything you do power-wise. From cords to conditioners, they can all have a dramatic effect on this one.

Also agreed.  I found the effect of the 3Xac to be very worth the $100 bones.  I'm using a Zu Birth power cord into a dedicated Oneac CL1102 with excellent results.  I've not heard an Audience cord.

mcrespo71

« Reply #83 on: 21 Dec 2003, 08:18 pm »
2 points:

1) Is this the most looked at thread in audiocircle history?
2) Why has this thread turned into a discussion about tubedac + changes?

Michael

viggen

« Reply #84 on: 21 Dec 2003, 08:33 pm »
Look who's going off into tangents.. you can click "statistics" at the front page to see which threads are most often viewed".

MttBsh

« Reply #85 on: 22 Dec 2003, 03:48 pm »
Quote from: mcrespo71
2 points:

1) Is this the most looked at thread in audiocircle history?
2) Why has this thread turned into a discussion about tubedac + changes?

Michael

Micheal - let us know what direction you would like to see this thread go, and we'll see if we can steer it that way for ya.