Audio Afternoon and Movie Nite at Binger's, Sunday, Feb. 3rd

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
Audio Dudes and Dudettes !  The Nov. Audio Afternoon and Movie nite at Binger's (that was "skunked out" when my Scotties cornered one of the little ba$tards in my backyard and subsequently brought the funk in with them through the dog door), has been rescheduled !  New date is Sunday Feb. 3rd from 2 pm until 9 pm. 

The agenda is as follows: audio listening and kibutzing from 2 pm until 6:30 pm in both the man-cave and in the ITU 5.1 home theater from 2 pm until 6:30 pm, followed by a showing of the remastered 4K edition of 2001:a space odessey starting in the HT at 7:00 pm  (I have a new Sony SXRD 4K projector which looks just stellar.)  Beer, soda pop, junk food and fresh popcorn provided. 

I also have some new gear for youse dudes and dudettes to audition - my PassDIY Sony VFET amplifier and a just completed PassDIY / Firstwatt F5 Turbo, as well as my Pass Aleph 5 and the new Dynaco ST-70 Series 3 toob amp, (she's a keeper).  Any other stuff you'd like to bring along for audition is also welcome.

Please RSVP by PM if you are interested - I will provide my address and phone number via PM.

popthinker

Re: Audio Afternoon and Movie Nite at Binger's, Sunday, Feb. 3rd
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2019, 04:54 am »
Must take a rain check since I'll be out of town on business.

justauby

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2019, 10:26 pm »
Put me down for 1.  I'll bring some BEAAAAHS! (Mass. Accent)

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2019, 05:03 am »

Got the PassDIY F5 Turbo biased up and ready to rock.  This puppy gets HOT !!  Finishing assembling the chassis this weekend.

The DVM's from the ancient Fluke at the top are: voltage across n-source resistors, power supply voltage, voltage across p-source resistors, voltage differential at output.  Inputs are shorted.  The amp is push-pull and DC-coupled.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
For those of you worried about missing the Super Bowl Sunday nite - we will have it on in the Man-Cave.  Although watching Stan "the Traitor" Kroenke's Rams take on Robert "the Cheater" Kraft's Patriots is like watching a car wreck in slo-mo for me, it will be ON my 65" Sony 4K set so you won't miss any gory detail. 

Only thing is, the soundtrack will be John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk and Pat Matheny.  All played on new tube equipment.  Seems appropriate to me !!

genestl

Thank you Don, for hosting us. 
It was wonderful to see and hear your systems.
Gene

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
Thank you, Don, for hosting us, and for the amazing parting gift!

Sorry we stayed so late!  :|

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2019, 10:44 pm »
Hi, David.  I looked for the manual and the spare lamp but couldn't find it.  I think the last guy who had it may have lost them.  In any case the current lamp is new - should be good for 3000
hours.  Happy watching and listening !