6A Alphas/ Monsters FRT

drummermitchell

6A Alphas/ Monsters FRT
« on: 20 Jun 2017, 03:59 pm »
Have been think what to do below my 128"screen.
I do have some gik small filler traps I call them that because they just fill under the screen wall/floor corner).
They go along underneath the whole screen frame(about 10')and about 8" thick.
No membrane on these as had them made quite a few yrs ago.
Hoping to put 6A Alphas in front of them along the bottom of the screen or monster's with FRT.
Not sure what would be better,perhaps either way as they both reflect mid/highs.
Yet again,maybe up front doesn't matter that much for reflections,at least on the floor/wall corner.
Will add the rest of the room is 98% trapped,ceiling,back wall ect is finished.
Room is 12'x19'x7'.5

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
Re: 6A Alphas/ Monsters FRT
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2017, 04:18 pm »
There are a few options.... You can use Monsters with Scatter Plates, which will add some high frequency scattering to the panel. You can add Monsters with Range Limiters, which will maximize the bass absorption, and reduce the treble absorption. Or you can go Alpha 6As, which adds some diffusion to the mix.

All are good solutions, and the differences between them will be relatively subtle given the placement of these panels (in the front floor corners, with the tweeters firing away from them). Depending on what else is happening in the room I'd probably go Monsters with Range Limiters, but could be talked in to other options as well. Aesthetics is a big part of this, also....

drummermitchell

Re: 6A Alphas/ Monsters FRT
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2017, 07:53 pm »
Thx James,
figured it would be a close call.
Perhaps the 6A's might open the room a tad.
Good to know can go either way.