speaker cables that work with the SP Techs

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: speaker cables that work with the SP Techs
« Reply #60 on: 17 Mar 2008, 09:23 pm »
:D  Ted,those are nice spikes Bob supplies with the Revs.Get them on and givem' a listen.Got a 36" pair of Accelerators coming in the mail so along with Greggs sc's and the two pair of MI-3's.I can do a show-down at hi noon up here in Canada. :D

DAMN!!  I went to look at those  and YOU BOUGHT THEM before I could..  ARGH.  I snooze I lose, I guess.  Thats' two pair I've let slip through my hands (I should've looked before I sent the nice review... :duh:)   :D

Good grab, Pat  Let us know what you think of them.... :thumb:
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2008, 10:57 pm by ted_b »

rydenfan

« Reply #61 on: 17 Mar 2008, 11:59 pm »
C'mon Ted you know you want to buy them...  :drool:

Since this conversation has been about cables, I am curious if any of you guys have experience with Audio Art Cables? They seem to be well reviewed but have not heard any personal experiences.
http://www.audioartcable.com/index.asp

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #62 on: 18 Mar 2008, 12:07 am »
C'mon Ted you know you want to buy them...  :drool:

Since this conversation has been about cables, I am curious if any of you guys have experience with Audio Art Cables? They seem to be well reviewed but have not heard any personal experiences.
http://www.audioartcable.com/index.asp

Yes, I have a nice set of 5m custom Audio Art IC-3's (w/ Eichmann Silver RCA's).  They sound very good, much like their DH Labs little cousins, the Silver Sonics.  Rob is one of the good guys in audio; great customer service (like Dan, Bob, Gregg).   Now that I'm going exclusively XLR from pre to main they are expendable and will be on A-gon soon.  Their sound is much like the VH Audio Pulsars, very balanced from top to bottom, with only a slight roll off at each end.  For the money, they are very very competitive.

And for what A-gon wanted, heck yes I wanted to buy them!!  Can't believe I was so slow, but glad Pat got a great deal.   I'd need to move some things to have made 36" work anyway.... :)

rydenfan

« Reply #63 on: 18 Mar 2008, 12:55 am »
But you prefer the Pulsars?

I must admit I am also quite curious about Reality's IC's after you recent experience with their SC.

You should call and get a quote for the Synergistic stuff you want, I think you may be pleasantly surprised.  :wink:

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #64 on: 18 Mar 2008, 03:43 am »
In the "well, yeah...no sh%t Sherlock!"  category:
My system took a quantum leap forward in solidity and imaging today.  The SP Tech cones/spikes were installed, and a large focus knob was turned on my soundstage.  Wow!!     Wow.  I wish I'd a done that long ago (although I wouldn't have appreciated it as much, now would I).  Thanks to Joe Tucker for insisting that I get this accomplished, and to Bob for reminding me I had them all along.   :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #65 on: 18 Mar 2008, 03:49 am »
  :thumb:

You took the words right out of my mouth,,,, no sh%t!  :lol: Just the fact that I've had Sistrum Platforms under my Lorelei's for a couple years now had me chucklin' at your post here.  :lol: Happy listenin',,,,  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

2bigears

« Reply #66 on: 18 Mar 2008, 04:06 am »
:D good news Ted,the spikes do help....Robin,i love the looks of those 101 platforms,are those the ones you have?? 800 bucks each. :o but how do they better 4 spikes already on the speaker  ???? it's voodoo and rocket science i would quess,,,,  :D

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #67 on: 18 Mar 2008, 04:16 am »
:D good news Ted,the spikes do help....Robin,i love the looks of those 101 platforms,are those the ones you have?? 800 bucks each. :o but how do they better 4 spikes already on the speaker  ???? it's voodoo and rocket science i would quess,,,,  :D

My Lorelei's only have a footprint of 9" x 13". The SP-101's would stick out like a wart on the end of your nose.  :o  The SP-004 were a perfect fit for my Lorelei's,,, all 4 of them. I had tried 2 different cones on them which when compared to being flat on the floor like Ted's were made a huge improvement in both clarity and imaging. But the Sistrum Platforms took that to a whole new level,,,, no sh%t.  :lol: I give all the credit to Double Ugly who steered me in the right direction. Maybe he can better supply any answers you're looking for. I simply know their incredible in what they do.  :notworthy:

The SP-101's would be a good fit for Ted's trophy's.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

Double Ugly

« Reply #68 on: 18 Mar 2008, 04:19 am »
My system took a quantum leap forward in solidity and imaging today.  The SP Tech cones/spikes were installed, and a large focus knob was turned on my soundstage.  Wow!!     Wow. 

No doubt.  But to piggy-back on Joe's comment -
... he mentioned that they'd do even better with Sistrum/Star Sound Audio Points under them.

Imagine how good they'd sound resting atop one of these:  aa

The stand, not the amp.  :wink:

Val

« Reply #69 on: 18 Mar 2008, 04:50 am »
"My Lorelei's only have a footprint of 9" x 13". The SP-101's would stick out like a wart on the end of your nose."

The smallest Soundocity outriggers would be perfect for them. :)

Double Ugly

« Reply #70 on: 18 Mar 2008, 03:58 pm »
"My Lorelei's only have a footprint of 9" x 13". The SP-101's would stick out like a wart on the end of your nose."

The smallest Soundocity outriggers would be perfect for them. :)

Do you sell them?

rydenfan

« Reply #71 on: 24 Mar 2008, 01:40 am »
Any new cable updates anyone?