"The dog ate my LM 2941"

Bill Epstein

"The dog ate my LM 2941"
« on: 2 Aug 2007, 08:33 am »
So I'm cruising along yesterday morning; stuff,stuff,solder,solder and finally reach for the rotary switches when I notice, NO U2! (No Bono jokes, please, never understood the popularity)

How many times have you built something and think, midway through fruitlessly searching boxes and cupboards and the litterbox, 'next time, I'm going to keep the damned packing slip'.

So no Piccolo for a few more days.

However, I also noticed that there IS NO PLASTIC BUBBLE FOR THE LED. The Cornet has a bubble, the Bugle has a bubble but not the Piccolo. I went and included one with my LM 2941 order. Has Hagerman perhaps discovered that an LED sounds better nude and I missed the discussion? Have we already covered this? Should I use the bubble or no? Opinions?

amandarae

Re: "The dog ate my LM 2941"
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2007, 03:47 pm »
So I'm cruising along yesterday morning; stuff,stuff,solder,solder and finally reach for the rotary switches when I notice, NO U2! (No Bono jokes, please, never understood the popularity)

How many times have you built something and think, midway through fruitlessly searching boxes and cupboards and the litterbox, 'next time, I'm going to keep the damned packing slip'.

So no Piccolo for a few more days.

However, I also noticed that there IS NO PLASTIC BUBBLE FOR THE LED. The Cornet has a bubble, the Bugle has a bubble but not the Piccolo. I went and included one with my LM 2941 order. Has Hagerman perhaps discovered that an LED sounds better nude and I missed the discussion? Have we already covered this? Should I use the bubble or no? Opinions?

When Jim sent my board, he includes the grounding lug, plastic bubble and rubber holder for the LED, feet, and a diode.  Check your packaging from Jim if you have not thrown it already. 

Bill Epstein

« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2007, 07:30 pm »
Jim likes you better, Abe :lol:

hagtech

« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2007, 08:03 pm »
Oops, the plastic bubble was supposed to be supplied with the half-kit. Send me email offline and I get you one.

jh