Replacing turntable as a result of building Cornet2

G E

Replacing turntable as a result of building Cornet2
« on: 21 Aug 2013, 02:16 am »
Has anyone upgraded their turntable/cartridge as a result of hearing how well the Cornet 2 reproduces analog music?

« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2013, 07:04 pm by G E »

cyto

Re: Replacing turntable as a result of building Corner 2
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2013, 11:52 am »
Not yet but I am planning on asking Santa for an Ortofon 2M black to replace my AT120e/t cartridge.

G E

Re: Replacing turntable as a result of building Cornet2
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2014, 01:42 am »
Has anyone upgraded their turntable/cartridge as a result of hearing how well the Cornet 2 reproduces analog music?

I am going to answer my own question...

Yes, a few weeks ago a Well Tempered Amadeus (original) replaced the old Hk720 that I'd been using since 1980 or so. Grado Refrence Sonata moved over to Amadeus. The HK was a decent entry level deck but the WTA is special. Silent background, superb PRAT and you can say you have a turntable made out of a golf ball, fishing line and a tinkertoy rod!

Yoda

Re: Replacing turntable as a result of building Cornet2
« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2014, 04:16 pm »
I've replaced my turntable once since building the Cornet 2 and again since building the Piccolo.  Thorens TD160-->Oracle Alexandria-->Well Tempered Classic with an Origin Live drive and discovery cable.  Though the Well Tempered was all beat up and in need of lots of work, it is astonishing after putting some love into it.   Tracking is incredible & music just emerges from silent backgrounds.  I currently use a Soundsmith/Denon DL-103.