Difference between Song and Veracity Series Construction

Chucka

Is there a difference between the construction of the Song and Veracity Series beyond the speaker components used? Same internal Bracing? Quality of woodwork and finish?  Baffle and wall Thickness? Crossover quality? etc.

Chucka

jsalk

Re: Difference between Song and Veracity Series Construction
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2013, 08:18 pm »
Chucka -

Obviously, each cabinet is designed for each individual speaker.  So there are differences.  The SongTower series speakers generally use 3/4" walls.  The Veracity ST's, in comparison, use 1" walls.  The Veracity HT2-TL's can use either 3/4" or 1" depending on how deep the customer would like the cabinets. And other Veracity models use either 1" or 3/4".  (Keep in mind that the Veracity HT3's (the largest speaker in the Veracity series) have always been built with 3/4" walls.)

Bracing is quite similar in all of our speakers.  And the finish is the same process regardless of the model.

I hope this answers your question.

- Jim

Chucka

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2013, 12:36 am »
Thanks Jim.  I have just discovered your speakers and am quite impressed with the reviews I am reading.  I plan to complete an organized description of what I listen to and the room and what I am expecting out of my speaker system.  Once organized, I will e-mail this directly to you looking for your thoughts which hopefully will eventually lead to my purchase.

And I am impressed that the first response to my first question about your product is directly from you!

Chucka

Austin08

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2013, 06:27 pm »
Thanks Jim.  I have just discovered your speakers and am quite impressed with the reviews I am reading.  I plan to complete an organized description of what I listen to and the room and what I am expecting out of my speaker system.  Once organized, I will e-mail this directly to you looking for your thoughts which hopefully will eventually lead to my purchase.

And I am impressed that the first response to my first question about your product is directly from you!

Chucka

You can not go wrong with Salks - a true high end speakers at a right price.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2013, 06:46 pm »
Jim is one of those rare birds that makes a wonderful product, great quality, great designs, great performance and he is very accessible.

In todays world of everything made in china, mass produced etc it is a miracle that Salk Speakers are made in the US!

Jim stands behind his products, if you eventually buy speakers from Jim they will truly amaze you.

You wont find them in BestBuy....but there are lots of us out here that would be glad to offer you a real demonstration if it gets to that point..

Welcome to the Salk circle!!

All the best
Alex