Excellent, stupid cheap, closed back HP's -especially on sale now.

charmerci

I have KZNs and Hifiman headphones. I've tried a number of cheapies over the years but man, they're now on sale for $30 shipped! The AKG K52s don't do anything bad. They are very listenable - they just don't hurt my brain at volume and are light. $30??? Crazy.

I can listen to them for long periods of time through my old-ish Fiio X-1 portable player too. That says a lot!

Details won't penetrate your brain like a great headphone will but you can still hear "everything". I grab them and have been using them often recently without much care, they still look brand new and seem really durable. Seems like a great vacation/outdoor headphone so if they get lost, stolen or crushed, who cares?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Don't ya think including a link would be helpful?  :D

charmerci

Don't ya think including a link would be helpful?  :D

I just assumed at this point that anyone can do a search for the headphones and the sale would pop up as it did for me as it wasn't some small, obscure company closing them out.

Yes Phil, it was MusiciansFriend.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
I read a couple reviews, one on What Hifi that reviewed the K52 and another that reviewed all three in the series, the 52, 72, and 92.  Funny thing the review of all three much preferred the cheapest of the series highlighted in this thread, the K52.  I have some leftover Amazon gift card balance in this amount, but unfortunately Amazon is not in on the sale, I'll have to find something else to save (waste) $30 on.  In the spirit of the OP I'm not posting any links, it's a treasure hunt, a Google adventure, you'll have to type in AKG K52 and hit the search button yourself.  Let the games begin!

knorris908

I have found great value and performance from the Koss KPH30i.
Link to Amazon listing here:  https://a.co/d/atDhCDV

They don't SOUND like $30 headphones to me.  Yes, they're PLASTIC, but close your eyes and it really doesn't matter.