Gear Submerged in Sewage Back Up from Ida

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Re: Gear Submerged in Sewage Back Up from Ida
« Reply #20 on: 6 Sep 2021, 03:53 pm »
Have you checked with your insurance?
If flooding causes the sewage back up, it is considered flooding by insurance companies IME.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #21 on: 6 Sep 2021, 04:00 pm »
  Yes we have sewer backup coverage.

charles

bacobits1

« Reply #22 on: 6 Sep 2021, 05:35 pm »
Get yourself a private insurance adjuster to deal with the insurance company. I did when I was in MA. It was all fire/ water damage from the top floor. No fire damage just water. All that water up there has nowhere to go but down. I was on the first floor. Everything had to be stripped and dried out to the studs. Hotel living costs too. One month total fix, I think back then it came to a total of 80K. Liberty Mutual Insurance.
They negotiate the prices and the items that were lost. An adjuster would write it all off.

Wayner

« Reply #23 on: 6 Sep 2021, 08:26 pm »
I lost a fridge this weekend. I think I should be happy with that. Sorry for your loss.

Rusty made a good point. You may not have anything to lose, so why not wash/disinfect, let dry and see what happens. One might think that amps and pres might be OK. Things with motors and belts perhaps not.

Sunlight can also be a disinfectant, ozone (O3) too.

Good luck.

Drrick007

« Reply #24 on: 30 Nov 2021, 10:38 pm »
If you clean it and plan to use it make the final rinse with distilled water. There’s usually enough minerals in tap water to cause problems down the line.
If you scrap anything I’d be interested in the casings and chassis’s.

Good luck!

Peace,
Rick