which screen share program for mac mini & ipad mini?

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good screen share program for my audio. I would like to control my itunes/audirvana on my mac mini with my ipad mini. I tried the itunes screen share program and it was terrible.

I'm also wondering if there is anything I can install on my iphone 6+ besides the itunes app. which is just O.K.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Greg

JohnR

Re: which screen share program for mac mini & ipad mini?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2018, 07:32 am »
You could perhaps try the A+ remote? (Not sure how iTunes fits into the picture anymore)

https://audirvana.com/?page_id=3620

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2018, 10:43 am »
What happened to the Apple Remote that came with your Mac Mini? Or, if you don't have one, you can buy them for $20; you can also control the Mini with any Universal remote control, via any Bluetooth device including iOS devices and Bluetooth Keyboards and Mice, or via iOS and WiFi.

A Screen Share is not exactly the same thing as controlling the audio via an audio application like Audiviranna, nor is it the same as controlling the audio on a Mac via an iOS device like an iPhone or iPad.

Screen Sharing is built in to MacOS. Do you have a monitor attached to the Mini? What do you mean by "iTunes Screen Share program"?

Sorry, I'm not sure what exactly you want to do. Also it seems you are using language that means one thing to MacOS/iOS and another thing to you. Can you be more specific, and then maybe we can help.

jaywills

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2018, 11:19 am »
There should be a "Remote" app that came on your iPad that links to your Mac Mini iTunes.  That's what I use to control iTunes on my Mac Mini and I use Audirvana. Cordially,

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2018, 04:39 pm »
Thanks guys, let me be more clear. I have a monitor that sits on my audio rack, I wouldn't mind getting rid of it.

What I do with that monitor is control itunes, no volume. Volume is done with my Lampizator volume control.

I'm guessing the screen share option isn't a good one since I didn't get a suggestion of which one to use.

I simply want to control itunes "just like it looks on my monitor" on my ipad mini hence the screen share question.

I'm not aware of the program that you mention John nor the one on the ipad that you mention jaymills. I will look into both of these.

I don't have an apple remote, what does that do for me? Like I mentioned, I do have a monitor hooked up. I also have a mouse and a keyboard. I use the mouse currently or my iphone to control itunes. the iphone is limited as to what it can do and a bit cumbersome.

Thanks for the help

Greg

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2018, 05:04 pm »
I use teamviewer.

TomS

« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2018, 05:36 pm »
Another vote for TeamViewer :thumb:

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2018, 05:39 pm »
Thanks Tyson and TomS, I'll check into the screenshare program mentioned.

I'm still curious what you can do with an apple remote with a mac mini. I bought mine new but didn't get a remote for some reason.

A+ looks very interesting so I'm going to do more research on that. When I said itunes screen share I meant itunes remote which works with a smart phone. The program that works with an ipad mini what ever it's called is terrible. itunes remote is what I've been using for the past few years on my phone.

I'm also curious now about the screen share that's built into the mac mini that Johnny is talking about ? I don't recall seeing that ever?

Thanks again for the help, looks like I have some choices to look at.

Take Care,

Greg

slash71

« Reply #8 on: 15 Mar 2018, 07:44 pm »
VNC Viewer on client and VNC Connect on machine to manage.
teamviewer work but is not good solution if you don't need to go outside your local home network.
also NoMachine perform well for sharing local OS desktops but I don’t remind if it have iOS client

guf

« Reply #9 on: 15 Mar 2018, 09:11 pm »
I have used a headless Mac mini using the screen share program years ago and I remember it being glitchy.  I loved moving over to Roon and using apps that control the Core app. I think this can be accomplished with using the remote app on your phone as suggested above. I also use Teamviewer because I have a few different machines to control including Windows. Team viewer is amazingly quick, and easy and very reliable.