Massdrop TEAC TN-300SE Turntable ...usb output archiving??

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird

What?? ... “and a built-in USB output that makes it easy to archive your vinyl collection”. How??

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/teac-tn-300se

Belt-Driven Turntable Marries Analog & Digital

Modern functionality meets old-school cool in the TEAC TN-300SE: a belt-driven, two-speed turntable with an straight tonearm, an all-new motor assembly, and a built-in USB output that makes it easy to archive your vinyl collection. The Neoprene-coated, high-inertia aluminum diecast platter is driven by a high-torque DC motor and a polished stainless steel spindle, which work together to deliver precise speed consistency and tonal accuracy. All the while, the heavy MDF cabinet—available here in a walnut or matte black finish—is designed to minimize unwanted resonance and sure to catch eyes. Along with a replaceable Audio-Technica AT95E MM phonograph cartridge, the TN-300SE has a pair of gold-plated RCA connectors for connecting to your receiver’s phono and line level inputs.

Sent from my iPad

JohnR

Re: Massdrop TEAC TN-300SE Turntable ...usb output archiving??
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2018, 02:55 pm »
What?? ... “and a built-in USB output that makes it easy to archive your vinyl collection”. How??

It will appear as an audio input device to your computer (or Ipad). Just use a recording program to capture the signal.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Massdrop TEAC TN-300SE Turntable ...usb output archiving??
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2018, 12:29 pm »
Hanpin also makes some tables for Audio Technica and Stanton, as well as some others, that have USB outputs.  The Teac had some serious speed control issues where some tables were virtually unplayable, as we're the replacement sent from the factory.  Perhaps that's relating to the ad copy about a new motor with great speed stability, maybe they've addressed this.  I hope so, I love the look of the table, much nicer than the DJ table look from Hanpin.  Also make sure to check what resolution the USB outputs, I've seen everything from MP3 to red book standard.  Separate AD converters can offer high resolution output.

My brother has the Audio Technica and he's covering all his vinyl to digital, I get some of the old albums.  I love my brother.