Sony NS9100ES vs NVidia Ge Force 750 Ti

Mag

Sony NS9100ES vs NVidia Ge Force 750 Ti
« on: 17 Jul 2018, 01:25 am »
Last night I watched my reference movie 'The Mechanic by Charles Bronson' on my Intel i7 computer with Nvidia Ge Force 750 Ti HDMI Graphics Card. The movie was a hard copy dvd disc watched on widescreen side. Other side is fullscreen.

Now I was just going on memory but the Sony does a better job at upscaling exhibiting fine detail such as wood framing and brick work, looking well focused. Whereas the graphics card looked less detailed, blurry, unfocused.

Mind you there are better HDMI graphics cards on the market now that do 4k.

As for Netflix having watched a few older documentaries. I would say off hand that the Sony would do a better job of upscaling these as well. As for movies that are blu ray quality they look excellent on both my Sony and Samsung Smart TV. But haven't done a direct comparison to an outboard blu ray player.

Anything with a 4k graphics card is probably really good. :smoke:

Mag

Re: Sony NS9100ES vs NVidia Ge Force 750 Ti
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2018, 09:57 am »
Okay after a bit of work I got my Sony NS9100ES connected. Had to route HDMI through Yamaha receiver to work on Sony Bravia HDTV.

Anyway confirmed what I said above, picture is focused exhibiting more detail, better color. I however changed the media player in computer which was better than the other one I used previously but still the Sony exceeds that by quite a margin.

Next I will try and find a movie in my collection and compare it to one on Netflix. I only have one or two blu ray movies to compare on my cheap Sony to Netflix, Terminator 3 and Clint Eastwood Westerns none of which I seen listed. :|