Introduction: Silversmith Audio

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
Re: Introduction: Silversmith Audio
« Reply #20 on: 8 May 2020, 05:10 pm »
So Jeff, these cables would be a no-brainer except for my amp. It is a Luxman M800A and has those captive connectors set down inside a plastic block. I can see the cable end bending into a shallow V and hopefully the slot does not twist out of electrical contact. Is there any way to trim the ends so the outside edge is narrower? I'm not excited about putting an adapter on the end and shoving that into the banana receptacle on the tightening knob.

Are these the same thickness the silver SC's were? They were a little delicate and had no Kapton sleeving near the tip so I'm hoping these are a little thicker and tougher.

Anyways, take a look at some Luxman binding posts and you'll see what I mean. I'd like to order a 10 foot pair so I want to verify what I can do so these don't get too mangled.

Oh yeah, how wide is the binding post slot?

Hi @Big Red Machine.  Thanks for your questions.  The best solution for your Luxman binding posts is probably to supply an adapter.  I'm working on a finished product but, in the meantime, I've been handmaking adapters for those that need them.  Typically, they've been used on the fully plastic encased WBT posts.  The custom adapters are made from the same Fidelium foil and reinforced with the label material.  As they basically just are an extension of the Fidelium cable, you will not notice any sonic degradation.  Photo below (credit: Greg Weaver).
The Fidelium ribbon is less than 1 mil thick and so is far thinner than our old Silver cables.  However, the Fidelium alloy is far stronger than either silver or our old palladium alloy.  It's improved strength, plus the addition of the laminate and label make the cable all but impossible to tear.  I've tried to tear it by hand and am unable to do so.
The notch on the stock speaker cable is 1/4 inch wide.  I can cut a custom 3/8 inch notch if needed.
Lastly, I've informally extended the introductory 20% discount on the Fidelium speaker cables during this pandemic crisis.  Before placing an order online, please contact me through my website for the discount. 
Thanks again.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #21 on: 8 May 2020, 07:21 pm »
Awesome. Email coming your way. :thumb:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #22 on: 8 May 2020, 08:48 pm »
So when audiophools start getting all excited about the same old twisted conductor cables out there and tout the great R, L, C, blah blah, blah, I am turned away to non-traditional approaches to all things audio. I have found more enlightenment from using advanced thinking products than traditional. Jeff is one,, not the only, who knows quite a bit about how signals propagate. Guys like him have gotten me hooked on flat cables, and materials like graphene, etc., versus Belden 3 conductor round cable.  Start here:

https://silversmithaudio.com/cable-theory/

https://silversmithaudio.com/content/CableTheory/EssexEchoSummary.pdf

" reflection at the discontinuity, which will distort the time-domain waveform.  This reflective property of a change in characteristic impedance can be used, for example, to locate faults in long lengths of cable, by using time domain reflectometry, that is, a pulse is transmitted along the cable and the returned partial echoes from each discontinuity are measured, their return times then locate the fault. "

Back in the early 2000's, my team (not me) was creating arc fault technology and much later on the reflectometry technique was applied to arc fault on aircraft to be able to locate, not just detect, a short or fault. Pretty cool stuff.

Anyways, my cabling is DCCA, Verastarr, Silversmith, and Stealth.  All non-traditional. Have some fun. Give it a whirl.

gipe

« Reply #23 on: 13 May 2020, 10:06 am »
Hello everyone, hello Jeffrey,

I'm happy to find a thread dedicated to Silversmith cables that I acquired last March with a remarkable change in sound quality that I described on the brand's website among the testimonials.

The cables are installed between my Absolare Signature integrated amplifier and Harbeth SHL5 + speakers. I am a Qobuz subscriber and my listening is only in dematerialized mode.

The DAC is a Denafrips Terminator, the streamer a Soundaware D300 Ref.

I'm in France, I was registered on this forum but I had few opportunities to participate, I would be more present now.

Have a nice day
gipe

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #24 on: 14 May 2020, 12:38 am »
Hello everyone, hello Jeffrey,

I'm happy to find a thread dedicated to Silversmith cables that I acquired last March with a remarkable change in sound quality that I described on the brand's website among the testimonials.

Greetings and welcome back @gipe.  I appreciate your post and am thrilled that you continue to enjoy your Fidelium cables. 

For everyone, if interested, you can read his testimonial here: https://silversmithaudio.com/blog/customer-feedback3/

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #25 on: 11 Jun 2020, 10:58 pm »
Greetings fellow audiophiles! I hope everyone is staying healthy, happy, and safe, and listening to some wonderful music.  I'm thrilled to share that the inaugural Fidelium review has just been posted on The Sound Advocate.  https://www.thesoundadvocate.com/2020/06/silversmith-audio-fidelium-speaker-cables-first-review/

Enjoy!

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #26 on: 9 Sep 2020, 09:45 pm »
Greetings fellow audiophiles!  More Fidelium reviews are coming, but in the meantime I wanted to share a little snippet of news.

Greg Weaver, also known as the audio analyst (https://www.theaudioanalyst.com/) and reviewer most recently for The Absolute Sound, Enjoy the Music, and Positive Feedback, has added the Fidelium speaker cables to his reference system (https://www.theaudioanalyst.com/reference-system/).  Mr. Weaver also produces informative and entertaining videos weekly on his YouTube channel (https://www.theaudioanalyst.com/youtube-channel/).   If you look closely, you can see the Fidelium connected to his Von Schweikert Ultra 9 speakers in the background of his videos starting with Episode 13.

Enjoy!

eichlerera1

« Reply #27 on: 14 Sep 2020, 04:48 am »
Will be receiving a set of Fidelium Speaker Cables in a quasi Bi-Wire configuration.
I will report the results.

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #28 on: 14 Sep 2020, 09:59 pm »
Thanks @eichlerera1!  I look forward to your feedback.  Happy listening! 

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #29 on: 22 Sep 2020, 04:19 pm »
@eichlerera1,  thanks for sharing your experience with the Fidelium!  https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=172528.0.  I'm thrilled that they were able to enhance your enjoyment of your music!

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #30 on: 1 Nov 2020, 02:57 pm »
Greetings fellow audiophiles!  A new Fidelium review by Greg Weaver is now online at Enjoy the Music.  http://enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1120/Silversmith_Audio_Fidelium_Loudspeaker_Cables_Review.htm.   Greg Weaver posted his video compendium to the review on his audio analyst website https://www.theaudioanalyst.com/ and his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paPNUOhWPdA.

Another new Fidelium review by Eric Neff is also available now in the November print issue of Hi-Fi+ and I've added it to my site as well.  https://silversmithaudio.com/reviews/

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2020, 10:33 pm by A.G. Smith »

eichlerera1

« Reply #31 on: 2 Nov 2020, 05:16 am »
Jeff,

Congrats on your success!
You richly deserve it.
The cables are SOTA...

Paul Galli

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #32 on: 2 Nov 2020, 04:15 pm »
Thanks Paul.  I'm thrilled that you and so many others are enjoying the cables!

EkW

« Reply #33 on: 6 Nov 2020, 04:06 am »
Have you any plans to offer longer cables? Straight line distance from most distant speaker to amp is 10 feet, so a 15 ft wire is about the minimum. For nice routing around furniture and to keep the amps away from the speakers my current cables are 20 feet long.

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #34 on: 7 Nov 2020, 05:58 am »
Greetings @EkW,

Thanks for your interest and question. I do not plan to offer any lengths longer than 10 ft but I have had a small number of adventurous and enthusiastic customers combine two cables together to achieve the longer length they required in their systems. They were very happy with the results.  I do have some red/black nylon hardware that would facilitate the connection in a cosmetically appealing way and without sonic degradation.  Thanks again.

Mike B.

« Reply #35 on: 11 Nov 2020, 12:36 am »
I ordered a pair of 4 foot Fidelium speaker cables the first of last week. I used the contact form at their site and was amazed how quickly I got a response from Jeff. I was able to quickly and efficiently order and make payment. My order was shipped the same day. Amazing service.
They arrived last Saturday afternoon. I usually let cables rest for a period before hooking them up. I picked up this habit from my former business associate,  Bob Crump of T. G. Audio.  Setup is a H-Cat series 9 preamp, ARC Reference 75 amp, Shunyata Tron series Python balanced connection. All music was from my digital music library through a Intel NUC I-7 processor to a Wyrd4Sound DAC 2V2 SE.
The Fideiums replaced a pair of Lewis Silver Ribbon cables I have owned for approximately 10 years.
In one word. WOW. Everything was better by a good margin. The thing that was the most different was the stage. It is much wider now which repositioned instruments and performers from what I was accustomed. I didn't realize how pinched in my stage presentation was with my old cables. I also don't remember this big of improvement from any speaker cables in my past.
Outstanding Product and service 
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2020, 04:12 pm by Mike B. »

eichlerera1

« Reply #36 on: 11 Nov 2020, 01:46 pm »
You try, you'll buy.......

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #37 on: 11 Dec 2020, 05:01 am »
I ordered a pair of 4 foot Fidelium speaker cables the first of last week. I used the contact form at their site and was amazed how quickly I got a response from Jeff. I was able to quickly and efficiently order and make payment. My order was shipped the same day. Amazing service.
They arrived last Saturday afternoon. I usually let cables rest for a period before hooking them up. I picked up this habit from my former business associate,  Bob Crump of T. G. Audio.  Setup is a H-Cat series 9 preamp, ARC Reference 75 amp, Shunyata Tron series Python balanced connection. All music was from my digital music library through a Intel NUC I-7 processor to a Wyrd4Sound DAC 2V2 SE.
The Fideiums replaced a pair of Lewis Silver Ribbon cables I have owned for approximately 10 years.
In one word. WOW. Everything was better by a good margin. The thing that was the most different was the stage. It is much wider now which repositioned instruments and performers from what I was accustomed. I didn't realize how pinched in my stage presentation was with my old cables. I also don't remember this big of improvement from any speaker cables in my past.
Outstanding Product and service

@Mike B,

I really appreciate your feedback and am thrilled that the Fidelium were able to enhance your enjoyment of your music.  Thank you!

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #38 on: 11 Dec 2020, 05:04 am »

Silversmith Audio is honored to announce the Fidelium speaker cable has received a 2020 Positive Feedback Writers' Choice Award.  Greg Petan writes "This ribbon alloy cable is a masterpiece of transparency, openness and smoothness. Having lived with the costliest wire on the planet, I can say with certainty the Fidelium has achieved cost no-object performance for under a grand." The 17th Annual Positive Feedback Writers' Choice Awards for 2020 (positive-feedback.com) https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/17th-annual-positive-feedback-writers-choice-awards-2020/

A.G. Smith

• Industry Participant
    • Silversmith Audio
« Reply #39 on: 7 Jan 2021, 06:36 pm »

Silversmith Audio is honored to announce the Fidelium speaker cable has received a 2020 Stereo Times Most Wanted Components Award. Mike Wright writes "Suffice to say, I hardly ever think of trying anything else in my system. Making a judgment on this speaker cable based on cost would be a mistake. I have listened to the Fidelium speaker cable on speakers costing $2,000 to $20,000, and its performance has been consistently excellent."  http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/most-wanted-2020-page-5