Bryston Systems

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Bryston Systems
« on: 27 Jul 2019, 10:18 am »
HI Folks

From time to time people send me pics of their Bryston Systems so I thought I would start a thread where customers could post their Bryston systems.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
Re: Bryston Systems
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2019, 10:21 am »
It's Friday!

Set up my reference gear, ROON with Tidal into Bryston BDP-Pi ROON end point, into Chord qutest DAC, fFuxion tube pre amp (although bouncing back and forth with the Bryston BP-26 ss pre amp) into 2 Bryston 28bsst2 feeding the hungry B&W 800 diamond s2.

Spyman

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2019, 09:32 pm »

Well, James, this is nowhere near the previous system, but since putting it together over the past few years, we’ve gotten more enjoyment from our music than ever before. As you can see, there are a few components that aren’t Bryston, but everything works together and we think it’s a great system. Everyone who has heard it agrees!

Terry

P. S. And, yes, that IS a reel-to-reel tape deck! I was a disc jockey and a lot of my air checks are still on tape.  :lol: :lol:

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2019, 10:40 pm »
^ Nice system, spyman.
I dig Van Cliburn too! 

Silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2019, 10:51 pm »

HiFi
Michell Gyrodec turntable, Audiomods arm, Pro-Ject Tubebox SE, Bryston BCD1 (with non working display), Bryston BDP2, Bryston BDA3, Bryston BP26, DEQX HDP5, Bryston 4BSST, Acoustic Energy AE3 Reference, Analysis Plus, Audioquest cables
Surround sound
Yamaha RXV3200, Bluestream HDMI Matrix switch, Sony BDP-S380 Blu-ray player, Foxtel cable receiver, Hisense TV, Krix centre, Yamaha and Paradigm surrounds

Spyman

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2019, 01:43 am »
^ Nice system, spyman.
I dig Van Cliburn too!

Thanks, Maestro! We’ve gotten a lot of pleasure from it. And Van Cliburn sounds terrific!

Terry

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2019, 09:40 am »
Yes, Terry, many older recordings sound terrific right from the start. No mucking around by recording engineers, unlike with many modern recs. Enjoy!

Ola_S

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2019, 08:37 pm »
Bryston 28B3, Bryston BDA3 and Bryston BDP2, together with the swedish masterpiece, Sybarite Audio no1622   8)

algajola

« Reply #8 on: 1 Aug 2019, 01:24 pm »
Hi james and everybody,first excuse my poor  english writing i try  to do better each post.. :wink:,i live in corsica in france and i'm very happy having bought two monoblocs 28 b3,fantastic amps!! They drive two focal sopra 3,and the preamp is a  full symetrical valve preamp "ristea audio",handmade in nice,very good association  with 28b3..the streamer dac is a cambridge nq,some pictures,best regards!!

TJ-Sully

« Reply #9 on: 3 Aug 2019, 05:20 pm »

System is...

Tidal/Roon > Sonic Transporter i5 > GigaFoil v4 Ethernet Filter > PS Audio P10 Power Plant > Bryston BDP1 > PS Audio Direct Stream Sr. DAC > PS Audio BHK tube Pre-amp > Bryston 14BSST2 > Magnepan 3.6R > REL S5 SHO sub x 2 > Audio Quest Niagra power conditioner (for subs).

Power Cables: PS Audio AC3, AC5, AC12.
Interconnects: MG Audio Design XLR's, Bryston AES/EBU digital.
Ethernet: AudioQuest Vodka,
Speaker cables: MG Audio Design

Room conditioning:  Vicoustic Wavewood x 10

Spyman

« Reply #10 on: 3 Aug 2019, 05:50 pm »
Wow, TJ! That is a great system! There’s been a lot of talk on here about how great the Bryston-Maggie pairing is. I guess you know first hand, huh? I bet you get a lot of good listening with this setup. Thanks for posting a picture.

Terry

TJ-Sully

« Reply #11 on: 5 Aug 2019, 01:33 am »
hey thanks Spyman.   Yep, many hours of non-fatiguing glorious listening.   and, ya, bryston power is a nice pairing with the Maggies.
happy listening, TJ.

sfraser

« Reply #12 on: 1 Oct 2019, 04:02 am »

Well after the last of the spawn moved out this winter ,  I started renovations on the basement. The wife said I could do what ever I wanted, soooooo a home theater/bar/rock club/bordello  was born. 7 months later it is starting to come together. To start with it is a terrible room dimension , but I new I would be stuck that from the start. The goal was to have fun and recreate a nice atmosphere for listening to music, having parties and watching hockey games and movies, and maybe hosting the odd band.  I also wanted to pay homage to all the music I grew up with over the past 50 years, in particular my teenage years. Sound system is all vintage Bryston, so i thought I would pop a picture of that up here. The 2 x4B's on the bottom were sent back to Bryston last spring for a refurb. They are currently configured as 2 mono blocks (800 watts each) pushing 2 Electro Voice 18" subwoofer bins. Better known as the "fat bottom girls" . Next I have a pro model 3B which is driving a pair of heavily modified Klipsch Lascala's, better known as the "Glimmer Twins" . Next I have a 2B-LP driving a pair of new Klipsch RS52 surround speakers. The top 2B-LP is mono driving a custom Bob Crites horn center channel speaker.  I also have Axiom EP600 sub sitting under the center channel.  The Pre-Pro in the picture is a Bryston SP-1 , which i will be replaced by an Outlaw 876 when it gets back from warranty repair. (The 876 has video switching, and better subwoofer control than the SP1). Above the SP1 is a Raspberry Pi, with a HighFi-berry DAC connected to a 7" touch screen mounted in an Aluminum case which is screwed into a 5" rack mount spacer plate. None  of the equipment is actually rack mounted, but each piece is sitting on a 3/4 inch plywood shelves under the landing of the basement stairs. Also hidden under the landing is a Nvidia Shield and a Satellite STB.   I have rear access to the equipment  from a door in our exercise room. I have 2x20 amp circuits and 1x 15 amp circuit providing power.  I am waiting for the rest of the bar to be finished this week, I will then furnish the the room and then spend some time dialing in the sound. I was painting last Saturday while listening to The Who "Who's Next" and was pleasantly surprised.

schmidtmike76

« Reply #13 on: 1 Oct 2019, 12:01 pm »

algajola

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jan 2021, 02:24 pm »
new agencement,exit the edge nq for a dcs rossini and clock

fbny71

« Reply #15 on: 19 Jan 2021, 05:41 pm »
Analog: Bryston BLP-1/BTP-1, Audio-Technica VM520EB Phono Cartridge, Otari MX 5050 III-2
Digital: Mac mini (Mid 2011), Bryston BUC-1, Roon Core, Tidal

Bryston BP 17 Cubed Preamp w/phono & DAC Modules | 2 x Bryston 7B-ST monoblocks, 2 x Bryston 3B-ST stereo amps | Bryston Middle T Active | Bryston BAX-1 Crossover

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 19 Jan 2021, 06:37 pm »
Analog: Bryston BLP-1/BTP-1, Audio-Technica VM520EB Phono Cartridge, Otari MX 5050 III-2
Digital: Mac mini (Mid 2011), Bryston BUC-1, Roon Core, Tidal

Bryston BP 17 Cubed Preamp w/phono & DAC Modules | 2 x Bryston 7B-ST monoblocks, 2 x Bryston 3B-ST stereo amps | Bryston Middle T Active | Bryston BAX-1 Crossover

Hi fbny

Is this your first Active system - comments?

james

fbny71

« Reply #17 on: 19 Jan 2021, 07:00 pm »
Yes, my first time trying active.

I haven't gotten it dialed in as far as positioning or even doing the room measurements to play around with the BAX-1.

That said, even though I am used to much more sensitive speakers, it does sound awesome.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 19 Jan 2021, 08:11 pm »
Yes if you think about the fact that the drivers in the speakers now are being driven directly from the appropriate amplifier with no passive components in the circuit path the accuracy level goes up in leaps and bounds.

james

GrooveControl

« Reply #19 on: 21 Jan 2021, 01:57 am »
Just curious, do you have a cap on the tweeter for protection? Say 20uf or so?