VPI Scout turntable

elmostro

VPI Scout turntable
« on: 26 Apr 2023, 02:35 am »
I’m looking at the vpi turntable are they good?

Photon46

Re: VPI Scout turntable
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2023, 01:57 pm »
There have been lots of Scout models over the years. Which one are you referring to?
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2023, 08:07 pm by Photon46 »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2023, 02:19 pm »
I've owned a couple VPI turntables over the years and they all sound wonderful.  Reliability was an issue, but the inclusive customer support made up for it.  Customer service was spotty, but they carried parts for discontinued models for decades.  And most of their products have extensive upgrade paths, which can be confusing for newbies, but old hands love it.  You can notice the changes from Harry running the company to Matt being in charge, gimbaled tonearms vs single pivot, integral anti skate, etc.  Hard to go wrong buying a VPI, just realize it's a small family business that's a little idiocincratic.

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2023, 12:37 am »
I love my HW-19 series tables, a maxed out super platter one and a junior. Currently building an intermediate one. They are easy to mix and match parts and people reach out and help you when you have questions/problems.

Paul

elmostro

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2023, 12:34 pm »
Is just said scout not the prime. It comes with a Ortofon quintet black low hrs. Purchased last year. Owner wants $2000.00. Thank you for your he help