NX-Oticas and Triple Treat OB Subs are here

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
NX-Oticas and Triple Treat OB Subs are here
« on: 29 Nov 2022, 12:49 am »
In case anyone was wondering from my previous thread, Craters and Freighters came through with flying colors.  Everything was VERY well packed and got here in immaculate shape:

They are now set up and singing in my dedicated HT downstairs.  Singing, plus hitting me over the head with jackhammer dynamics and visceral bass.  Love it!

KTS

Re: NX-Oticas and Triple Treat OB Subs are here
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2022, 01:00 am »
I was wondering if everything worked out, congratulations!!

Early B.

« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2022, 01:07 am »
Oh, this is cool AF!!!  Glad everything worked out. The phrase, "jackhammer dynamics" is intriguing. Keep us posted on the sonics.

fre11111

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2022, 01:35 am »
Beautiful🙂👍

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2022, 02:20 am »
So are they better than the Super 7s?  I’m sure the triple subs are better. :thumb:

Tyson

« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2022, 06:47 am »
So are they better than the Super 7s?  I’m sure the triple subs are better. :thumb:

For me the Super 7's are better music speakers because the planar magnetic mid-panels have a detail, resolution and vivaciousness that nothing else matches.  For the type of music I listen to (classical, jazz, electronica, hip hop), the Super 7's are perfect.  They only have 1 weakness, and it's the lower mids/upper bass.  The midrange panels just don't move enough air to be fully authoritative in this range.

The NX-Oticas are the opposite.  The don't quite have the same resolution in the mids, but have far more authority and punch in the lower mids and upper bass.  Which makes sense with all those drivers.  They are probably moving about 10x more air, based on driver surface area and excursion. 

The NX-Oticas do need a more powerful amp than the Super 7's.  I can use a 6 watt amp with the Super 7's no problem.  The NX-Oticas need at least 20 watts, IMO. 

soundofrockets

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2022, 03:28 pm »
Congrats.

Jaytor

« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2022, 04:51 pm »
Congrats.

Looks like they did an excellent job packing and shipping the speakers. I'll have to keep them in mind for the future.

Roy Boy

« Reply #8 on: 5 Dec 2022, 09:38 pm »
Since you have/had  two of the top currently available OB speakers in the NX-Oticas and Spatial X3, how does their performance compare in your room for your listening preferences? I am an OB “ lurker” just thinking about if that is a direction I would go in. I currently have Green Mountain Continuum 3-HX which I love, but the company is gone and the drivers are unobtanium. Also have a pair of modded Klipsch Chorus II which are great fun but could not live with as a main speaker. Thanks for any insights

Tyson

« Reply #9 on: 5 Dec 2022, 10:21 pm »
Since you have/had  two of the top currently available OB speakers in the NX-Oticas and Spatial X3, how does their performance compare in your room for your listening preferences? I am an OB “ lurker” just thinking about if that is a direction I would go in. I currently have Green Mountain Continuum 3-HX which I love, but the company is gone and the drivers are unobtanium. Also have a pair of modded Klipsch Chorus II which are great fun but could not live with as a main speaker. Thanks for any insights

The X3 is the best commercial, finished OB speaker you can buy right now.  If you want a speaker that plays every genre of music, with aplomb, the X3 is it.  Then factor in that they are physically a very clean and elegant design built to heirloom levels of quality, it’s a no brainer. 

On the other hand you are willing/able to DIY, the NX-Otica offers higher performance. 

If the X3 sounds interesting - I have mine for sale for a good price.
« Last Edit: 5 Dec 2022, 11:56 pm by Tyson »