The Best Friend Ever

audioengr

Re: The Best Friend Ever
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jun 2019, 08:58 pm »
So sorry to hear.... :(

My best friend is 13 as well, hes still pretty active, but I know its coming.....

Old labs and goldens should have abdominal x-ray once a year and blood work-up.  They typically get tumors on spleen or liver.  Lucy had her spleen removed with a benign tumor and lived another 6 months. She was like a young dog again until the liver cancer ultimately got her.

Another key thing to watch for is a front leg limp.  This is usually not the leg, but the guts.

Steve N.

JakeJ

« Reply #21 on: 6 Jun 2019, 09:25 pm »
My sincere condolences, Steve.  Lucy had it good with you and your family.  Please come back and show us your new family member when you are ready.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #22 on: 6 Jun 2019, 09:50 pm »
Our dogs bring us such joy, and it's hard when we lose them.  But all of life is transitory, so we keep our memories and move on. 

audioengr

« Reply #23 on: 8 Jun 2019, 06:42 pm »
Our dogs bring us such joy, and it's hard when we lose them.  But all of life is transitory, so we keep our memories and move on. 

I love your measurement quotation.  It's unbelievable how this becomes religion, even tribal.

At the same time, 1/3 of the US population refuses to agree with the climate scientists worldwide. :scratch:

Steve N.

ngamountains

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jun 2019, 09:02 pm »
Condolences to you.  Been there myself too many times and it's never easy. 

Brucemck

« Reply #25 on: 9 Jun 2019, 06:03 pm »
We lost one of our best friends two months ago. Emotional and sad. Condolences.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #26 on: 12 Jun 2019, 01:36 pm »
Dogs are incredible, his personality was made to please and understand the human being and be their helper, below a good news, dogs of a homeless man awaiting longing at the hospital door for their owner to be treated.
http://mundoanimalmaceio.blogspot.com/2018/12/caes-aguardam-morador-de-rua-na-porta.html