John Wick #4

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
John Wick #4
« on: 30 Aug 2023, 10:30 pm »
Wow.  Thank goodness this is the end of this series.  Like so many action series, they took the $$ instead of quitting while they were ahead. 
In a nutshell, the bad guys are after Wick.  Wick kills 2438 bad guys and finally kills the really bad guy.  These movies have always required a suspension of any logical brain activities, but they were fun.  This one was just boring.  I fell asleep somewhere between the 50th kill and the 150th... I not sure where :sleep:.    Best scene in the movie was the revenge of the attack pup.   Dogs have always been important in this series- most people like dogs and little kids.     
In short, don't bother. If you're in the mood for Wick, re watch the first one.   
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2023, 11:45 pm by S Clark »

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Re: John Wick #4
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2023, 11:20 pm »
^ +1.

toocool4

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2023, 11:23 pm »
I agree, it went down hill after the first one. I just saw part 4 on my flight back from Colorado to London.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2023, 11:31 pm »
I watched it in 4 sittings and I couldn't wait to end it.

Oh, yesterday I tried to watch Fast X, I lasted about 30 min and turned that shit off.
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2023, 01:24 am by Mariusz Uszynski »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2023, 10:20 am »
I had never once, for even a brief second, thought about watching this movie.  I like Keanu a lot, he's a great person and a good actor, but a skinny armed lightweight isn't believable easily beating all these tough guy types.  Just like Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher, it doesn't work. 

Mike B.

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2023, 06:05 pm »

Then had to end the series. They ran out of actors to kill.
This series seemed to try to top each predecessor with bloodshed. Reeves needs to redeem himself by playing Ken in the serial to Barbie.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2023, 06:36 pm »
I had never once, for even a brief second, thought about watching this movie.  I like Keanu a lot, he's a great person and a good actor, but a skinny armed lightweight isn't believable easily beating all these tough guy types.  Just like Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher, it doesn't work.

Big difference for me...Jack Reacher character in the books is a brick shithouse...Tom Cruise isn't.  Reacher is supposed to be physically imposing.

A skinny person who is trained well can definitely beat the heck out of much bigger people.

Anyway, that's how I view it...that allows me to enjoy John Wick for what it is.

Just my two cents...

George

newzooreview

« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2023, 07:05 pm »
…but a skinny armed lightweight isn't believable easily beating all these tough guy types.

jjss49

« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2023, 08:28 pm »
its a cartoon played out by real people, stunt people, shot on film, not drawn by pen (or computer)... like most sequels, it is a money grab, trying to think what is the thing about the original people like, then more and more of the same... so it is all 100% predictable as to how the series plays out.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #9 on: 1 Sep 2023, 10:23 am »
For those rooting for the skinny guy, why do they have weight classes in all martial arts?  Boxing, wrestling, all forms of karate, judo, they all divide competition according to size to make it fair.  And for anyone who's actually been in a multi person fight, the other guys don't wait on the sidelines for their chance to go at you one on one, I assure you they will all jump on you at once and you don't have a chance in hell of winning, you get beat up.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #10 on: 1 Sep 2023, 11:20 pm »
The scene where the camera is tracking the fight action from above the building was quite brilliant, with gun flashes helping you follow the action. Never seen it done before in Cinema. I believe the idea came from a video game "Hong Kong Massacre". Props to the stunt guys for falling down every last stair made of stone going down from the Basicilica of the Sacred Heart. Those stunt guys earned their money! I saw the movie in a theater and I found it satisfying. Its not like you don't know what you are getting into. A few posts mentioned the series being over, but is it? John Wick #5 is officially in the works.

Rx8man

« Reply #11 on: 2 Sep 2023, 02:35 am »
I thought Road House was a little more believable, going off the other deep-end Sin City was fun to watch, at least Swayze and Rourke got their asses messed up somewhat.

There's just way too much CGI now days for me to believe realism imho.